What's new

Alaska part 2 (56k death)

ir0n_ma1den

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Location
Centreville, VA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
CC is welcome
1
84200006.jpg

2
84230016-1.jpg

3
84200004.jpg

4
84240014.jpg

5
83990012.jpg

6
84000022.jpg

7
84230018.jpg

8
84000019.jpg

9
84240012.jpg

10
84210021.jpg

11
84230005.jpg

12
84210013.jpg

13
84230019.jpg

14
84200006.jpg

15
83990024.jpg
 
Have these been processed? The mountains look like they need a levels adjustment to make them pop.

It's magnificent scenery, isn't it? And I continue to be amazed at the sheer number of the salmon swimming upstream
 
Non of these images have been through post processing. That is the down fall of film, I take it to costco, they put it on a disc in jpeg format. sigh...
 
Number 10 is my favourite one of this lot, nice captures :)

David
 
Stunning photos!!

Just because they're jpegs doesn't mean you can't do any adjustments on them, you could load them into Photoshop or Gimp or something and play around with them. Although I must admit, it *is* refreshing to see these unedited photos, they look very natural.
 
Can anyone take one of the pictures and put it through post-processing, i'd like to see the results.
 
Have these been processed? The mountains look like they need a levels adjustment to make them pop.

It's magnificent scenery, isn't it? And I continue to be amazed at the sheer number of the salmon swimming upstream
My thoughts exactly.
Surprised bears wern't around for the banquet.

Non of these images have been through post processing. That is the down fall of film, I take it to costco, they put it on a disc in jpeg format. sigh...
You should be able to take the file on disc through PP.
 
aww denali national park I see, I go there like almost every weeked when its road is open. Were you using a P&S cause the quality is awful. If you were visiting up here you are lucky to see and get photos of Mt. Mckinley that is an uncommon scene. But I see alot of common technique mistakes in the photos.
 
My thoughts exactly.
Surprised bears wern't around for the banquet.


You should be able to take the file on disc through PP.

I have both the negatives and the cd that they gave me which is cool. I was messing with the levels about an hour ago, but it just looks worse. I am afraid I don't know how to Post Process :confused:.


No these were not shot with a P&S, they were shot with a Minolta Maxxum 7000i w/ Fuji 400 color film.




BTW: For my next photo assignment, I will be at Heavenly ski resort taking pictures with Fujicolor slide film , velvia i think, woot! Never done slides before.
 
I have only rudimentary photoshop 'skills'. For the 'after' shot, I just used 'auto levels' and used the shadow/highlight tool to bump the highlights. Others who know better what should be done should have a go.

Before:
84200006.jpg


After:
84200006p2it0.jpg
 
Here is my humble attempt at one of them! I used the free program The GIMP. I boosted the colour saturation, then added contrast and sharpness. Maybe a bit over the top, it looks a bit like an oil painting now! :)

before.jpg


After:
after.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom