Albion Falls

Civchic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of our most-photographed local waterfalls. One, because it's beautiful, and two, because there is a lookout platform with a parking lot right beside a very busy road. Soon I will find a day to hike up the creek from the bottom - a much less photographed location as there's no trail, and plenty of creek wading.

july 10 mount albion best by civgirlca, on Flickr

It is! It's one of the biggest in the city - 19m/66ft high (we have 128-ish named waterfalls in city limits, and about 35 just outside the boundaries - gotta love living on a limestone cliff!). This is where the Red Hill Creek falls over the edge. The Red Hill is a major watershed drain, year-round flow. Plus we've had a few good rainstorms this week to boost her up a bit.

Well I gotta put Hamilton Ontario on my list of places to visit. Not too far away from Detroit.

It is! It's one of the biggest in the city - 19m/66ft high (we have 128-ish named waterfalls in city limits, and about 35 just outside the boundaries - gotta love living on a limestone cliff!). This is where the Red Hill Creek falls over the edge. The Red Hill is a major watershed drain, year-round flow. Plus we've had a few good rainstorms this week to boost her up a bit.

It's pretty - that's the one downside to Nebraska, not really a whole ton in the way of "scenic vista's" out this way.. lol

Well I gotta put Hamilton Ontario on my list of places to visit. Not too far away from Detroit.

Only about 3 hours, we drive down there for football games all the time, and have flown out of Detroit airport a couple of times!

We have a bad rap since we're a blue collar working city, with steel as a big part of our industry. People look down their noses at the city as dirty, smelly, all that - but we are bisected by the Niagara Escarpment, a World Heritage biosphere, and bookended by two of the most beautiful natural conservation areas - Dundas Valley and the Red Hill Valley. Check out www.cityofwaterfalls.ca for the full list of waterfalls (some are stretching the definition, but there are many big, beautiful ones).

Most reactions

Back