Algonquin Provincial park with fellow members of the forum

ZombiesniperJr

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So today me and my dad (Zombesniper) went to Algonquin Provincial park with @symplybarb and @BrentC and although i don't think we saw as much wildlife as we would have hoped it was still a great day being able to talk with Barb again and getting to meet and talk to Brent and also got some lifers there which were evening grosbeaks,male purple finches,and pine Siskins. and i will have another thread from when we left where Brent came with me and my dad (Wrong way for Barb Brent comes our way to get home) to go find some Sora and Virginia rails so that Brent could get his first shots of some and we found them for him. oh and the evening grosbeaks were my target birds in Algonquin other then grey jays but we will have to do this again on a better day when its not raining
1White throated sparrow by Logan Baldwin, on Flickr
2Pine siskin (Lifer!!!!!)2 by Logan Baldwin, on Flickr
3Pine siskin (Lifer!!!!!) by Logan Baldwin, on Flickr
4Male purple finch (Lifer!!!!!) by Logan Baldwin, on Flickr
5Male evening grosbeak (Lifer!!!!!!)2 by Logan Baldwin, on Flickr
6Male evening grosbeak (Lifer!!!!!!) by Logan Baldwin, on Flickr
7Female evening grosbeak (Lifer!!!!!!) by Logan Baldwin, on Flickr
8Barb feeding a nuthatch by Logan Baldwin, on Flickr

Looks like you got to hang out at the Visitor Centre (we got bird pics from there just a couple of weeks ago).
That shot of the White Throated Sparrow is great.

I assume that you did not see any Moose along 60 ... how far down the road did you go ?

Looks like you got to hang out at the Visitor Centre (we got bird pics from there just a couple of weeks ago).
That shot of the White Throated Sparrow is great.

I assume that you did not see any Moose along 60 ... how far down the road did you go ?
Thank you no did not see any moose or any animals except squirrals you would have to ask barb how far down we went as i have no clue

We went West gate to visitors center and then I continued on to home and they went back to west gate. No moose at all. But the weather was really not great.

Great shots Logan!

We went West gate to visitors center and then I continued on to home and they went back to west gate. No moose at all. But the weather was really not great.

Great shots Logan!
Thank you hopefully we can try it again with Brent you me and my dad and any other forum members that can make it on a better day

Couple of weeks ago we had sighting of four groups ... though had to contend with a Tour Bus of people.
Some people really do not know how they should deal with wildlife ... we have seen this too often when we go to Algonquin,

Couple of weeks ago we had sighting of four groups ... though had to contend with a Tour Bus of people.
Some people really do not know how they should deal with wildlife ... we have seen this too often when we go to Algonquin,
four groups of what?

Moose.
Couple of pairs (probably Mom and kid), one single, and Three (mom and twins) ... that last one was swarmed by the Bus people.
We really do not like the swarming of people, with their cell phones), so we didn't stick around to take any good pictures.

Nice shot of the white throated sparrow!
It's too bad the weather was so sucky this weekend, hope you guys get to go up there again in better conditions and get to see more of the park & the wildlife.

Great pics, especially the first Siskin and Barb feeding the nuthatch!
Thank you

Nice shot of the white throated sparrow!
It's too bad the weather was so sucky this weekend, hope you guys get to go up there again in better conditions and get to see more of the park & the wildlife.
Thank you barb has already said we will have to do it again on a better day but i was happy to be able to talk to Barb again and get to meet Brent

Nice shots Logan. Great capture on the nuthatch. Too bad it was a dreary, wet and cold day but was nice to meet you and get together with you guys.

Great set! Sounds like you all enjoyed the day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back