elizpage

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethpagewalker.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Mainly, these are just for fun and to show everyone how fun this was! C&C welcome, but I know most of the technical aspects just aren't there, so these will be difficult to edit.. The light was sparse and I didn't really have any of the proper equipment to shoot this. She's paying me approx. $100 to edit the photos, but I did the shoot for free. Somewhat worried about editing, because this is really my weak point; I don't think she'll be too harsh though.

She designed and hand made all of the costumes and props herself! Pretty awesome. She's the steampunk Alice, by the way!

$IMG_5779.jpg

1 Group Shot from Balcony (70mm)

$IMG_5783.jpg
2 White Rabbit

$IMG_5789.jpg

3 Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

$IMG_5798.jpg
4 Caterpillar

$IMG_5803.jpg

5 Mad Hatter

$IMG_5812-2.jpg

6 Red Queen

$IMG_5835.jpg

7 Steampunk Alice

$IMG_5863.jpg
8 Cheshire Cat
$IMG_5871.jpg

9 Group Shot on Stage

Damn there's a lot of production value in some of those costumes. as someone who enjoys the cosplay community from afar (not a big community for it here), it's not cheap. At all.

My favorite is the Red Queen, but it does seem like a pretty tight crop.

Damn there's a lot of production value in some of those costumes. as someone who enjoys the cosplay community from afar (not a big community for it here), it's not cheap. At all.

My favorite is the Red Queen, but it does seem like a pretty tight crop.

I know! she invested a ton of time, effort, and money into these costumes! It was truly an awesome show. She wants to be a cosplay artist.

She really likes the work I did for it though photography-wise, believe it or not. She mainly just wants people to be able to see the costumes.. But I feel pretty bad that I was unaware that the light would be so sparse and strange in the venue, and that she also wanted pictures outside in darkness (forcing me to use the my on-camera flash lol)

Interesting - in future, perhaps consider shooting just a little wider to avoid cropping off bits of limbs, costumes, etc.

Interesting - in future, perhaps consider shooting just a little wider to avoid cropping off bits of limbs, costumes, etc.

I did shoot wider, but the backdrop was pretty small and I didn't want to have black space in the background.

Edit: These are cropped. That's what I meant to say. And there were things in the background that I didn't like.

These are cool as they all have great outfits. I really really with there was some better background separation as the busy background blends into the subjects too much.

My take:
$swordlady.jpg

These are cool as they all have great outfits. I really really with there was some better background separation as the busy background blends into the subjects too much.

My take:
View attachment 80143

I like the edit! I just don't think she will.

My take:
View attachment 80143

Hmmm, I am curious as to why you think she would not like the edit. Is your monitor calibrated? There seems to be too much red/orange in all of your shots.

gotta work on dat white balance...

just did an incredibly quick color edit:

$IMG_5812-3.jpg

My take:
View attachment 80143

Hmmm, I am curious as to why you think she would not like the edit. Is your monitor calibrated? There seems to be too much red/orange in all of your shots.

Maybe it is? I don't know. I have a retina display Macbook laptop.

Maybe it is? I don't know. I have a retina display Macbook laptop.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that the retina is any different than other computers or monitors. They don't come calibrated for photography. To do this you need to use something like this

When do I get my $100? ;)

Most reactions

Back