All American

LadybearHilde

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my mid-life crisis baby :) Tried to capture the reflection of the flag in the window and on the hood.

Mustang_0059.jpg

Mustang_0056.jpg

Mustang_0069.jpg

Not sure why the picture sizes vary so much. I sized them the same in photoshop.

Nice car.
My friend recently bought a cobra, but he's nowhere close to mid life yet...not sure if that's a good thing.

How are you sizing them? The smaller one is 450 pixels wide and the larger is 900 pixels wide which is not the same size obviously. If you want them to appear the same size on the screen you need to think in terms of pixels. On an 800x600 resolution monitor, 650 pixels wide is about the max to veiw without scrolling on this board.

When I resize them I go to 150 to 200 pixel per inch then 6 x 4. So they "should" be of a uniform size. I think I may have done 9 x 5 though on one.

drdan said:
How are you sizing them? The smaller one is 450 pixels wide and the larger is 900 pixels wide which is not the same size obviously. If you want them to appear the same size on the screen you need to think in terms of pixels. On an 800x600 resolution monitor, 650 pixels wide is about the max to veiw without scrolling on this board.

Your answer lies in what you said you are doing. You are thinking in physical inches and the computer displays in pixels not inches. A pic sized to 6 inches wide at 100dpi will be 600 pixels wide on the screen (6 x 100). If resized to 6 inches and 150dpi it will be 900 pixels wide (6 x 150).

The second one will appear much larger.

There is a reason the width in pixels is at the top of the image size panel. Make pics for this board 650 pixels wide or about 550 pixels high on the longest side for best viewing here.

The other resize factor is KB which is the file size which determines how fast it loads. PS "Save for Web" is the easiet way to reduce this to reasonable size while maintaing some quality. Under 100KB at least is what is polite to dial up viewers, under 75KB is better.

You always want to print from the largest file/highest resolution pic that is properly edited for color etc. If you need certain proportion then crop it that way don't use image size which will distort if you force it to certain dimensions like 6x4. You can enter dimensions and dpi into the crop tool panel to crop to specific proportions so the picture will fit a certain size print.

Commercial online printers prefer a picture cropped to a specific proportion such as 8x10 at 300dpi and saved at quality maximum 10, not 12 which hugely increases file size with little gain on print. Such a pic would be far too large to display on this board (3000 pixels wide)

Most reactions

Back