All dressed up - nowhere to go. Welta Garant on the shelf

smithdan

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Almost a month since this one was cleaned and re-assembled. Runs smooth, winks nicely all but slowest speeds (tired springs), appears light tight.

Waiting for the snowing to stop.

Say hello to;

$010.JPG $013.JPG $014.JPG

Nice. My folders are waiting to, 120 is too expensive to be wasted on tests.

This old guy and all his friends moved West over the summer. Sat around for weeks loaded up and finally went out yesterday.

Small town Sunday
$img042esz.jpg

Wolfsburg Exile

$img039e1sz.jpg

Nice! I was wondering about those bellows, but from the looks of these images, you have nothing to worry about. :thumbup:

These old folders are the coolest looking things, aren't they?? :lovey: Great results!

Nice contrast :thumbup:

Welta made some nice cameras. I have a Weltini 35mm.

Wish my shelf included a few more middle and upper end cameras like your Weltini compur or perhaps a nice mid 50's TLR. Have enough to amuse me for awhile though.

Freaked a bit on this one though. It was a sunny day and frame 7 had some streaking - bellows leak came to mind but shutter stuck open for frame 8 so perhaps some light bled past the frame. Have a look and let me know if my theory holds water or?.

$img040esz copy.jpg

Quite possible. I would have suggested overly vigorous agitation, as well, except your other frames seem fine, and this was the closest to your stuck shutter issue. You could be on the right track.

Very cool camera. Awesome that it's getting used again.

Thought agitation or lack thereof first but this was the only frame with streaking - D76 was freshly mixed but well stirred. Thanks for the comments terri.

Blame the contrast on PS Rick, although the old guy comes up with some decent negs given the right conditions. Made before lens coatings.

Old folders make nice ornaments minicoop, just great fun to use as well

This one is a bit special as it belonged to a retired fisherman who lived on his boat. Interesting person to visit and talk with. After he passed away, I spotted it in a local store. Just had to have it.

Coaxing a decent image out of it not too hard if the light is right..

$img044esz.jpg

That's pretty impressive. A lot of people think old cameras take old looking photos, but that has nothing to do with the camera itself. A lot of today's cameras couldn't hold a finger to that. As I mentioned earlier, I think it's awesome that you're continuing this camera's journey and using it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back