All right, tear these apart

oh and one other thing that stuck out at me- her eye makeup seems really heavy. i know your sort of going for a "look" here, but maybe scale that back just a tad.
Oh, I know! I unfortunately had no say over her make-up. I think she wears too much. Defiantely not my personal taste either.

OK, there are my thoughts. You did very well with the failing light and a reflector

1) Like the composition but he eyes should have been a little more toward the camera, and the way she is holding her hand makes it looks like she has a stump.
2) Could use a bit tighter crop and you cut her off at the elbows
3) The position of her hands are not flattering, they are pushing on her face too much and it is a bit soft.
Thank you! I really appreciate the critique!

With #2, I might try altering the catchlights a bit and a bit too bright, might move them a little PP. They're almost directly set in the center of her eyes. It gives a distinct look, but... I wasn't moved in a good way about it. Very 'deer in the headlights' (that's the best I can come up with).

I like the pose in the first, and the third is nice too. The photos show the sadness this bride is feeling, nice job. Better lighting could've improved these pictures so much more. It is a nice idea though :)

I'm not really feeling the second one. I don't know why, though (cause I really don't know anything about composition).

Okay, I'll try to explain. There's something about her look that doesn't feel very natural... Her eyes are so intense, but the photo is so soft? Maybe have her head not face the camera so straight on or something? I don't know, in fact, you REALLY shouldn't listen to me. This is like a professional baseball player taking pointers from a little league coach.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back