jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a very, very close shot of an Alligator Plant. The plantlets (for lack of a better name) are approximately 4mm across. I used my Tamron 18-400mm with a 68mm extension tube and manual focusing.
f/14 1/1600 ISO 6400
jun23202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Good shot.....
Thanks!
Interesting, never seen nor heard of them before. Nice shot.
Thanks! I'm surprise they aren't all over FL, given that FL has the perfect weather for them. They love the warm weather and humidity. Those little flowerlets break off fairly easy and will start a new plant when they hit the ground as long as there is enough moisture. I'll get a fullsize shot of them and post it.

Thanks!

Thanks! I'm surprise they aren't all over FL, given that FL has the perfect weather for them. They love the warm weather and humidity. Those little flowerlets break off fairly easy and will start a new plant when they hit the ground as long as there is enough moisture. I'll get a fullsize shot of them and post it.
I get intensly focused on looking for birds so much I don't notice anything else hardly. I'll have to take Ferris Bueller's advice and stop and look around more often. :wink-6:

I get intensly focused on looking for birds so much I don't notice anything else hardly. I'll have to take Ferris Bueller's advice and stop and look around more often. :wink-6:
Here ya go! A better view of an Alligator Plant. I really should have used a tripod and flash for a crisper shot with better dof. You can see where it gets its name from.

jun24202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Here ya go! A better view of an Alligator Plant. I really should have used a tripod and flash for a crisper shot with better dof. You can see where it gets its name from.

jun24202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
Oh! Ok, I've seen those, I just didn't recognize it in the close-up shot. Those plants are pretty nice, very interesting, I never knew what they were called but I do now.

Nice shot of an interesting plant.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back