Almost Black and White

SCraig

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A White Bengal Tiger against a background without any color doesn't leave much more than monochrome ;)

2013-01-05-05.jpg

Beautiful ❤

Thanks!

There are two Tigers at the zoo here, this one and a traditional yellow-colored one. Most of the time I'm there they are asleep by the fence at the back of their paddock or pacing alongside it so the shots usually have fence in it. Occasionally, like today, they pace toward where we watch them from and I can get a decent shot.

Scott that is one great looking kitty! :)

Don't take this the wrong way, but this almost looks like some kind of really weird selective coloring post processing! If you didn't know it wasn't a regular tiger and just saw the monochrome background, and those very, very light brownish/orange tinges and the little bit of red in its mouth.

I think it's a beautiful photo, by the way! It just struck me that if someone new had posted this, with no explanation, I'd be wondering what they did to it! :D

EDIT: Well, and also if I'd never seen a White Bengal Tiger before... :lol:

Don't take this the wrong way, but this almost looks like some kind of really weird selective coloring post processing! If you didn't know it wasn't a regular tiger and just saw the monochrome background, and those very, very light brownish/orange tinges and the little bit of red in its mouth.

I think it's a beautiful photo, by the way! It just struck me that if someone new had posted this, with no explanation, I'd be wondering what they did to it! :D

EDIT: Well, and also if I'd never seen a White Bengal Tiger before... :lol:
That's kind of what inspired the title, it looked that way to me to. I admit that I did clone a couple of spots of green brush out of the left corners to enhance that effect, but I promise there's no selective coloring ;)

Hey Scott, rather late then never, but IMHO this a great shot. This could have been taken in the wild as well as in the zoo, so that makes it a successful shot in my book. Beautiful cat!

Really nice shot ...I love the color...or lack there of

Thanks, Mully. Odd thing is that I don't really care for black and white. I guess this one just struck a chord or something.

Hey Scott, rather late then never, but IMHO this a great shot. This could have been taken in the wild as well as in the zoo, so that makes it a successful shot in my book. Beautiful cat!

Thanks, Rick. Good point to. This is one of the few areas in the zoo where a viewer doesn't have much of a fence whatsoever between them and the animals. Their paddock is on a hill side, and slopes down to a bridge over what is basically a moat. The Tigers (hopefully) can't jump the moat and up to the bridge, so the only fence is a light wire mesh fence that is easily blurred out.

Beautiful tiger - great photo :thumbup:

Beautiful animal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back