Almost Harvest Time

JimMcClain

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
1footinthegrave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hope this is okay to post here. It's legal in CA, if you have a medical card and my friend does. I used to do this kinda stuff when I was a hippie in the 70s, but I quit 29 years ago. Still, I think they are nice looking plants and I hope I did justice to them and my friend with this picture.

Nikon D5300, Nikkor 16-85 mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 80mm, f/5.6, ISO 100, 1/100s, developed in Lightroom 5.6.

$almost-harvest1408-11.jpg $almost-harvest1408-18.jpg

Last edited:
Good texture.

What is it? Some kind of rare herb?

I don't think it's against the law to comment on this kinda plant life, ya know. Maybe you just prefer a different variety. Well, my friend has several different varieties in his garden, so I took some more pictures this morning. You can see the difference when you look at them side-by-side, so I will add the full resolution JPG to the first post. The one below is the low-res version.

$almost-harvest1408-18-x1080.jpg

Great news came in the mail today. Last August, I submitted one of these pictures (I edited it again) to High Times, a magazine I used to read back in my hippie days of the 70s. I told the editor that I quit smoking pot (and using any other mind altering chemical, incl. booze) 29+ years ago, but was still a proponent of legalization. He sent me a couple copies of the March 2015 issue. My picture made the "Pix of the Crop" page. Below is the picture I sent (I added my watermark for web use) and a quick and dirty cell phone shot of the mag. What a thrill.

almost-harvest1408-18a-1080x.jpg

almost-harvest-ht-mag1.jpg

I can't brag on facebook or around my home town much because it's still highly controversial. I have a lot of staid friends who might reassess our relationship because of my beliefs. I enjoy all the "likes" I can get from my FB friends, as well as the privileges of a small town retired businessman. Most of them know my past, but might not appreciate that my views are as liberal in some areas as they thought. So, I'm stuck with bragging to you guys. ;) Yay me!

Jim

Most reactions

Back