What to take to Disney World

They had a nice 4-5 foot cinderblock wall that surrounds their entrance to the their walkin cooler

Cool, might swing through for a few days in January 2018, though I doubt I'll remember it by then. LOL Were you able to get the castle centered from this location?

They had a nice 4-5 foot cinderblock wall that surrounds their entrance to the their walkin cooler

Cool, might swing through for a few days in January 2018, though I doubt I'll remember it by then. LOL Were you able to get the castle centered from this location?
Sorry, this was the Epcot Fireworks show with the holographic globe. {best one IMO} For the Disney I took up residence at the fountain between main street and the castle about an hour and a half before the fireworks.

We had long term passes so we spent a day at each of the different worlds. Basically we were on the Disney Death March. Just to give my wife fits we would all whistle Col. Bogey March as we got off the tram and walked towards the gates. :laughing:

I have just been taking one DSLR and one prime lens to Disney. This goes in an unpadded sling bag that can be worn in a number of ways to change up the load. The padding is added in the form of a rain poncho, a microfiber towel, and the hat when indoors. For a longer visit it would be good to take some extra gear, but I would still keep it to just one lens each day at the park.

Anyway, that's the way I have justified to myself to go with a DSLR to Disney and so far it has worked out very well.

I would take all five lenses, and a fistfull of US $20 notes of the realm. Oh...and a big bottle of sunblock, SPF 50.

Or, on second thought,take your smartphone and shoot with that. But do make sure to bring the sublock and the $20 notes of the realm.

I hate it when I go places and then something happens and I'm like, "crap... wish I had my camera."
ermmm cellphone?

Yeah, I mean... if I have to. But then I'm just annoyed by how incapable my phone camera is compared to my D750. Maybe if I had an iPhone it'd be a different story. But the Moto X Pure camera leaves a bit to be desired.

I hate it when I go places and then something happens and I'm like, "crap... wish I had my camera."
ermmm cellphone?

Yeah, I mean... if I have to. But then I'm just annoyed by how incapable my phone camera is compared to my D750. Maybe if I had an iPhone it'd be a different story. But the Moto X Pure camera leaves a bit to be desired.
I love the cameras in my LG V10. The main one shoots in raw, full manual mode (complete control of aperture IOS and shutter speed), optical image stabilization, grid overlays. It is every bit or more as capable than most point and shoots I've tried. There's also two cameras on the front... One has a wider angle lens on it than the other to take group selfies, although I haven't used it much for that purpose. I've had a ton of fun playing around with all three when I want to be more involved with whatever the family is doing. Not really making any sort of point here or anything... I just picked the phone I would want in my pocket and the camera was one of its biggest selling points for me.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Ok, seriously.
really good footwear, cheap snacks from the supermarket, lots and lots of gatorade, and a pocket camera like a TG4.
If you're loaded AF, get the Sony RX1R II.

So you guys inspired me to find my old point and shoot. I had forgotten how tiny it is compared to my DSLR's. I'm going to take it to and try it on the first day and see if I'm happy. It probably will work just fine. And I'll take my DSLR and other lenses for while we're at the resort. Except for the day we do animal kingdom. I know I'm taking my DSLR that day, but we're taking a break midday as well that day.

I asked the same question couple years ago. I took my 6D and 28-70 at times and my compact point and shoot at others. You know who got better family shots? My wife on her IPhone. Sure I got better shots of characters and static objects but she got most of the fun stuff of the kids. Don't overthink it, stay light, and easily stashed away on rides.

So you guys inspired me to find my old point and shoot. I had forgotten how tiny it is compared to my DSLR's. I'm going to take it to and try it on the first day and see if I'm happy. It probably will work just fine. And I'll take my DSLR and other lenses for while we're at the resort. Except for the day we do animal kingdom. I know I'm taking my DSLR that day, but we're taking a break midday as well that day.

traveling light is a good strategy for walking around at Disney World (or any of the theme parks)
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Except for the day we do animal kingdom

I'd forgotten to mention the Animal Kingdom. Occasionally you can get some shots there, but you're limited by the ability to move around. Fireworks time is another good time, though because of the crowds it's hard to get the classic castle in the middle with fireworks all around.

So you guys inspired me to find my old point and shoot.
I hope yours still works. Mine took a holiday for about 6 months then just decided to work again.

Traveling for me is stressful enough that I often don't make good decisions about what to take. For instance; I once traveled to Europe with only my little compact camera. Made a lot of photos, wishing they had been made with my DSLR. Went another time, took my DSLR. It was nice for photography, but it got in the way a lot too. I even left it on a train in England, and got it back after about an hour of sweating bullets. Went another time, took almost no photos at all. ( busy with traveling on planes and trains) DSLR stayed in my bag nearly the whole time.

So I'll wish you good luck with whatever decision you make.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back