Alright experts Fisheye vs Super Wide Angle. Show me some ARTSY FARTSY shots

RumDaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Cant make my mind up on which one to get. A fisheye or a super wide angle lens. I know the fisheye can become repetitive. Id really really like to see the creative shots that these lenses help make more creative. So please share some of your images that these lenses helped enhance..

Thanks..

I normally don't say stuff like this, but holy sh** is your sig annoying...

Fine Ill change my sig... Now lets see some of what can be done with these kind of lenses. :)

Fine Ill change my sig... Now lets see some of what can be done with these kind of lenses. :)

Google is your friend. There are several sites that already have what you are looking for posted that you could go to instead of wasting bandwidth here.

No one wants to show off?

A rectilinear UWA will be more useful than a fisheye, but I use my fish a lot and it doesn't just sit in my bag like everyone says it will.

837206554_PeAPF-L.jpg

Oh nos! Fish eye portrait!

Fishy

Heres the thing about the Fisheye. If photography is a hobby to you. Well then a fisheye can get old quick. But if you run a business and majority of the photos you take are for somebody else. That one fisheye photo may be boring to you but may also be the customers favorite.

For the record. I know a million times over that a person determines how creative the shot is. Not the lens. I know this more then you guys will ever understand. Ive been staring through a camera lens for 15 or 16 years now. I dont want some simple fix, nor do I want to put my magic lens on and take a boring shot and make it instantly magically delicious. But I know their are some photography tools out there that help enhance images or help a already creative photographer take his unusually unique images to the next level. Or perhaps certain lenses help fuel the creativeness of the photographer. Im currently learning new things from the use of many different camera settings and would also like to learn from the different lenses.

But this $h!t is CRAZY EXPENSIVE and Im self employed in a very troubled industry. So, I now need a back up body, a diffusor, photography props, brochures, PS and 2 more lenses that will probably cost more then the used minivan in my driveway. LOL!

Time to go google some images.

For the record. I know a million times over that a person determines how creative the shot is. Not the lens. I know this more then you guys will ever understand. Ive been staring through a camera lens for 15 or 16 years now. I dont want some simple fix, nor do I want to put my magic lens on and take a boring shot and make it instantly magically delicious. But I know their are some photography tools out there that help enhance images or help a already creative photographer take his unusually unique images to the next level. Or perhaps certain lenses help fuel the creativeness of the photographer. Im currently learning new things from the use of many different camera settings and would also like to learn from the different lenses.

But this $h!t is CRAZY EXPENSIVE and Im self employed in a very troubled industry. So, I now need a back up body, a diffusor, photography props, brochures, PS and 2 more lenses that will probably cost more then the used minivan in my driveway. LOL!

Time to go google some images.

When I bought my 10D many moons ago it cost more than both my cars.

But you don't need any of that. Tissue paper & rubber bands, Aviary/Paint.net/GIMP are free, and you can rent any lens you need for anything.

Hell all you need is any camera, it's what is behind it that counts.

Most reactions

Back