What's new

Altar of John the Baptist - HDR

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
9,331
Reaction score
2,724
Location
San Jose, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last edited:
Way too overcooked in my opinion.
 
Darn! I really try to keep it toned down.
 
Darn! I really try to keep it toned down.

I'd hate to see you try to cook it. ;)
Some desaturation might help. The bright reds and blues don't really match the other more subdued tones such as the ceiling.

What software are you using? I just started a trial of Nik HDR Efex Pro, but I'm too clueless still to have an opinion of it.
 
Photomatix & CS5

It's a colorful church ;) lol
 
Normally I am a closet fan of surreal HDR's, but this one is a bit too warm for me.

I'd do some selective desaturation.
 
Freshly rested eyes this morning, yeah, too much red and perhaps blue too. I will re-edit this one tonight!
 
I love the second one you posted. Get it printed out and hung on ya wall. Great stuff mate. What lens was it you used if you don't mind me asking.
 
Thanks. I used a 17-35 f2.8 Nikkor for this series.
 
I like the second one better too.
It is a colorful place ...

Freshly rested eyes this morning, yeah, too much red and perhaps blue too. I will re-edit this one tonight!


Yup. I played with it using the channel mixer in CS5 and that's pretty much what I found. I think I added a touch of green too.

Cool place. How many bracketed shots did you use?
 
it's a 5 exposure bracket, each 1 ev apart.

Yeah, the floor, the wall , the arch and the wood all are so close in color. I'm going to give it another try again tonight.
 
Better, still not my cup of tea though.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom