What's new

Altered Background

KJ_North

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
2,211
Reaction score
2,559
Location
left the site
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I played around with this photo and blacked out the exposure on the sky and background. Then played around with lighting etc on the eagle. Anyways whats your thoughts? It works or doesnt work.
Eagle-Black Background-1s.webp
 
First thought the poor bird was flying into the headlights of an oncoming semi.
To me, the lighting on the eagle makes a background a real challenge. Some may like the drama of the black but it seems improbable. Full marks for the eagle shot, though.
 
Ah i see your point definitely looks like that. The stock photo is so difficult to work with as background/Sky is just not appealing as it was a very dull day.
So here is another stab it. This photo was taken just a few seconds after the one above but it captured all sky rather than a half lake/half sky photo. So on this one I masked the sky and played around with the exposure and temp to make it a little different.
Eagle-Black Background2-1s.webp
 
Bravo! Suspect this will be a crowd-pleaser. I neither shoot or follow wildlife photography--not to say I dislike it--but this gets the "look" down cold. The flare on those gorgeous primaries is killer. The eagle now is flying into a sunrise or sunset thanks to your new background choice. Nice.
 
Bravo! Suspect this will be a crowd-pleaser. I neither shoot or follow wildlife photography--not to say I dislike it--but this gets the "look" down cold. The flare on those gorgeous primaries is killer. The eagle now is flying into a sunrise or sunset thanks to your new background choice. Nice.
Thanks so much I appreciate the feedback.
 
Very good shots, nice treatment of the first one ... :icon_santa:
 
The first image I would not really consider a wildlife image. It would however work perfectly for an image on a book or advertizement.

The second image is a much better background but you still need a little more time refining the background on the bottom. The blue sky can still be seen.

Overall great effort on both images.
 
The first image I would not really consider a wildlife image. It would however work perfectly for an image on a book or advertizement.

The second image is a much better background but you still need a little more time refining the background on the bottom. The blue sky can still be seen.

Overall great effort on both images.
Thanks much appreciated
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom