Alternative to Benbo

ralphp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been getting into Macro photography and I'd like to get a tripod that will allow me to position the camera in a way that suits 1:1 lenses, i.e to be able to move it close of objects and move it forwards and backwards (without the cost of a rails kit), to focus the lens.
I had been keen on a Benbo Trekker, but reading forums it seems people dislike their 'bambi legs' when the central column is unlocked, the fact that they don't pack down well and their feet.
Could anyone suggest a good alternative. I'm looking to spend less that £200. I've heard that Giottos do a good alternative, has anyone tried one?
Thanks!

Have you looked at the Manfrotto Xprob?

I would agree with looking at Manfrotto. Keep in mind that moving the column back and forth will probably not be a replacement for focusing rails. The rail makes miniscule adjustments for focus that will be very hard to do with a horizontal center column.

Thanks I'll look into that. I have a Manfrotto monopod which I'm really keen on, so I'd like to buy Manfrotto again. I'd love to get a set of rails but I think I'm going to do that at the same time as investing in a new mini-studio set up. I need a tripod in general more pressingly!
Thanks

Most reactions

Back