Always Eat A Big Breakfast

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A great blue heron with a large suckermouth catfish.
12312606-studio.jpg

Wow! This is an great pic.

I agree- great image - great fish too :)

Les

Excellent shot and a good catch for you both.....

Wow! Great action shot! Nice and sharp. I'm trying to figure out what kind of fish it is, looks like it has pates on the sides, and the fins are very interesting, not the kind one normally sees on most fish.

Wow! Great action shot! Nice and sharp. I'm trying to figure out what kind of fish it is, looks like it has pates on the sides, and the fins are very interesting, not the kind one normally sees on most fish.
Thank you, Jeff. I originally said it was a suckermouth catfish but after doing some more research I believe now that it's more likely a sailfin catfish because of the number of spines. It's very similar to the suckermouth but don't take my word for it, I'm no expert. Here's a couple links if you care to look at them.

Thank you, Jeff. I originally said it was a suckermouth catfish but after doing some more research I believe now that it's more likely a sailfin catfish because of the number of spines. It's very similar to the suckermouth but don't take my word for it, I'm no expert. Here's a couple links if you care to look at them.

I'd go with the suckermouth, because I've caught sailfin catfish before, and that isn't anything like one. The sides on the sailfin are smooth, rather than having the plates. I caught a 22lb sailfin in the Indian River in my highschool days.

Nice shot.

Most reactions

Back