Am I being too cheap?

evo5gsr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been looking for a Pentax K100 that's under $400, but I haven't had any luck so far (should've grabbed that deal from Beach Camera :(). I would have thought finding one won't be hard with the K200 being out and all.

I am seeing deals for mid-$400s, so the question is, do I grab or wait? If the latter, how long? A month, two months? I'd rather not wait longer than that.

searched craigslist?

anything from an online store ala' Broadway Photo, is a rip-off.

I'd rather buy new.

Not gonna happen. Vanilla K100's are not in production anymore, so there will be less and less fo them over time. You'll find one on a rip off site such as, Broadwayphoto.com, but you'll get bait-n'-switched of you do that.

There's no shame in buying used, consumer bodies like these generally aren't as heavily used as pro bodies, and will save you a few hundred bucks every time. Most likely, you will replace the camera before something goes wrong with it.

Vanilla K100's are not in production anymore, so there will be less and less fo them over time.

What about the Supers?

I've never bought anything from eBay, so I'm kinda paranoid, and I like the feeling of buying and owning new stuff (stupid, I know). I just checked my local Craigslist, and nothing comes up.

And yes, I've known about Broadway, etc.

beach camera isnt even selling them anymore. the price at b&h is about 514.
so yes, you probably arent going to find one under 400 from a reputable dealer.

What about the Supers?
Especially not the Supers.

I've never bought anything from eBay, so I'm kinda paranoid, and I like the feeling of buying and owning new stuff (stupid, I know). I just checked my local Craigslist, and nothing comes up.

And yes, I've known about Broadway, etc.
:/

Why so dogmatic of one particular brand or / and with one particular model?. I took pictures this morning at 05.00 in the morning when it was still dark walking around for almost an hour. Why keep on discussing it when you could have few hundred of photos by now to share it with us?

Why so dogmatic of one particular brand or / and with one particular model?. I took pictures this morning at 05.00 in the morning when it was still dark walking around for almost an hour. Why keep on discussing it when you could have few hundred of photos by now to share it with us?

Er...are you sure you posted this on the right thread?

If you are trying to buy a camera model for significantly less than the going rate for that camera then yes you are being "cheap" or something else. Bottom line is if you find it for that much less there is a reason for it and you should watch out.

Most reactions

Back