Am I going to regret Panasonic GX8?

I own the X-T20 and totally love it, the screen flips out so you look down on it. It`s small and very light weight, yes it is not WR but it is a hell of a camera.
PS: IQ is fantastic too.
Thanks for the reply ;-)
I went to a shop to try out the fuji x-t20 and I loved it so much I made up my mind! It's my official D610 switch to mirrorless and I'm loving the experience! Lightweight, easy to handle, the flip screen is great, great image quality...I'm convinced I've made the right choice :-D

Flavio,

It all depends on how much space you have and how much weight you want to carry.
I traveled with a Nikon F2 + 3 lenses. Almost any m43 kit will be smaller and lighter than that.

If you want to reduce weight, you also have to consider the lens.
A m43 12-40 f/2.8 lens is smaller than a Nikon 24-70 f/2.8, but it is still a big lens.
For travel, where size is a consideration, you may want to drop down to a smaller lens like the 12-60, 14-45 or even 14-42 pancake lens, as your general carry around lens. My plan is the 12-60 and maybe also the 14-42 pancake lenses.

Travel gear is always a compromise of capability vs. size and weight.
Thanks for the reply, I've decided to go with the fujifilm x-t20 after try it out on a shop nearby. ;-)

I wouldn't go out in the rain with any camera, weather sealed or not. Incidental is OK but not like, oh, it's raining out today, I'm going out to shoot.
Thanks for your reply. I understand your point, but I shoot a lot by the sea, so I think WS is important...
Well then in regards to Fuji, you would need to go with an XT2 which is smaller than a DSLR but a little bigger than the XT20. The lenses need to have the WR designation for a total weather resistant system. I think the glass Fuji is putting out is some of the best glass in the world but they are not cheap. Image quality is definitely not an issue. Low light is not an issue. I can't speak to the M43 system other than I looked at them prior to moving from Nikon to Fuji. They were just too small or felt wrong in my huge hands. Even the XT20 felt strange. Soon as I picked up the XT2 and the X-Pro 2, I knew it was something I could work with. I bought both eventually. You should consider the desired focal lengths because the WR zoom glass can be quiet heavy in comparison to a M43 zoom.
Thanks for the reply! I've been watching reviews of the XT2 and I think that your suggection is correct ;-) Weather sealed, great pic quality and I think the little joystick to select the focus point is going to be really useful! Do you think the XT2 is to big to be a travel camera? Thanks again! ;-)

maybe it's not too big but mirrorless and "pancake" lens are definitely better for lightweight travel
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless
After all I went for the x-t20, and I'm lovin' it! I'm thinking of investing on aa pancake
I wouldn't go out in the rain with any camera, weather sealed or not. Incidental is OK but not like, oh, it's raining out today, I'm going out to shoot.
Thanks for your reply. I understand your point, but I shoot a lot by the sea, so I think WS is important...
Well then in regards to Fuji, you would need to go with an XT2 which is smaller than a DSLR but a little bigger than the XT20. The lenses need to have the WR designation for a total weather resistant system. I think the glass Fuji is putting out is some of the best glass in the world but they are not cheap. Image quality is definitely not an issue. Low light is not an issue. I can't speak to the M43 system other than I looked at them prior to moving from Nikon to Fuji. They were just too small or felt wrong in my huge hands. Even the XT20 felt strange. Soon as I picked up the XT2 and the X-Pro 2, I knew it was something I could work with. I bought both eventually. You should consider the desired focal lengths because the WR zoom glass can be quiet heavy in comparison to a M43 zoom.
Thanks for the reply! I've been watching reviews of the XT2 and I think that your suggection is correct ;-) Weather sealed, great pic quality and I think the little joystick to select the focus point is going to be really useful! Do you think the XT2 is to big to be a travel camera? Thanks again! ;-)

Hello again,
After I've tryed the x-t2 and find it a bit heavy,I went to a shop to try out the fuji x-t20 and I loved it so much I made up my mind! It's my official D610 switch to mirrorless and I'm loving the experience! Lightweight, easy to handle, the flip screen is great, great image quality...I'm convinced I've made the right choice :-D

I just want to thank all of you who took a few minutes to help me decide which camera to buy. I really apreciated your replies ;-)
I've decided to go with the fuji x-t20 and I think I've made the right choice :)
Best regards to all!

I just want to thank all of you who took a few minutes to help me decide which camera to buy. I really apreciated your replies ;-)
I've decided to go with the fuji x-t20 and I think I've made the right choice :)
Best regards to all!
Good choice. May be the best value APC mirrorless camera out there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back