AMA Superbike Races - Laguna Seca

Bevel Heaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bevelheaven.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple photos of mine from last weekend's bike races, the season closer, at Laguna Seca. The first shot is THE PASS by Ben Spies [#1] that cost Matt Mladin [#66] the title. This was the first weekend using my D80 body which I greatly prefer over the D40 BTW... I worked hard on panning this weekend and noticed a real improvement as the weekend progressed. It is real tough to get your subject sharp and the wheels blurred.
What do you think?
#1 (F6.3, 1/400 sec, ISO-320, 250mm)
DSC_1718a.jpg

#2 can you say PAN? (F8, 1/320 sec, ISO-200, 210mm)
DSC_1078a.jpg

#3 long lens exercise (F4, 1/400 sec, ISO-200, 500mm)
DSC_1243a.jpg

#4 tight shot (F7.1, 1/800 sec, ISO-200, 92mm)
DSC_0644a.jpg

#5 another pan (F5.6, 1/2000 sec, ISO-320, 280mm)
DSC_1772a.jpg

#6 another tight shot (F8, 1/1000 sec, ISO-320, 98mm)
DSC_1660a.jpg

these all look superb mate!!! well done! #4 is awesome, focus spot on

REAL quality man, real nice. I myself love AMA and MotoGP and these shots totally capture the speed while still stopping the speed enough to get a good clear crisp shot of the subject. The color, and mostly everthing about #1 catches my eye, really nice.

(no expert here, n00b's 2 cents)

#3 wins in my book. Can't explain why but out of all of them that's the one I'd have printed and framed on my office wall.

Top quality man. Clear crisp sharp. I'll take a print of # 5, the MV taking the turn.

Great job. These should be in the next Cycle World.

Steve,
Top notch #3,4,5,6 with #3,5 favorite. All are very sharp with great color and composition. You captured the action.

If you want a print, please tell me how big you want to go and where you are located and if you want it rolled into a tube and shipped or flat in a matt [ready for you to pick a frame]. Will let you know pricing..... credit cards or paypal accepted. Please give me a call to arrange / discuss, tele below in my .sig Thanks

Most reactions

Back