Amargosa

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Amargosa River never reaches the ocean. Over the length of 100 or so odd miles it snakes its way above and below the desert like cordage weaved through a moccasin. Then curving back upon itself, the slow and shallow flowing waters sink down over 3,000 feet to the Badwater Basin in Death Valley.

502-8x10-7212.jpg

Wow, that's very nice. Is there a setting on your camera for this stuff. I don't think mine has it.......:wink:

Wow, that's very nice. Is there a setting on your camera for this stuff. I don't think mine has it.......:wink:

Thank you and yes, it's called "First Spring Desert Wildflowers", (FSDW). It's right next to the little guy with the hat on my camera. It tends to wake me up a couple hours earlier than I normally like, and it drains the battery way too fast, so I try not to use it that much.

Since I'm in the mood to critique; I think it would be cool if you had it so the river started at the bottom right corner of your image, instead of it emerging half way up the pic (do you know what I'm saying?). And I wish there was a tiny bit more sky, it feels too tightly cropped near the mountains I think. Just giving some unneeded suggestions..

I think it's a really nice pic, it's neat how those pretty little flowers grow in the desert haha. I like all the elements in the picture too, gives me something to look at for awhile.

Since I'm in the mood to critique; I think it would be cool if you had it so the river started at the bottom right corner of your image, instead of it emerging half way up the pic (do you know what I'm saying?). And I wish there was a tiny bit more sky, it feels too tightly cropped near the mountains I think. Just giving some unneeded suggestions..

I think it's a really nice pic, it's neat how those pretty little flowers grow in the desert haha. I like all the elements in the picture too, gives me something to look at for awhile.

Thank you.

I'm having a terrible time shooting with a crop in mind, which is what I tried to do here. Cropping from what my camera shoots to what fits a standard 8x10 print wastes way too many electrons. I like the original uncropped shot much better. I need to sit down and figure out what is what for potential products beyond my documentary web site uses.

I think the uncropped shot (and I'll have to post it later) shows more the way I wanted to show it and things are not quite as awkward even though I was shooting with a crop in mind. The river is flowing toward the bottom, I tried to use the light to make the composition seem like a backwards "6", or a musical note shape, to make the flowers look like they were pouring out of the river. The light was just on the top of the flowers and a few seconds later flooded and destroyed the shot. I think you'd like the uncropped shot better. Thanks for commenting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back