amateur photo contest

nagigirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are some pics that I am considering for a local amateur photo contest. I can only submit one, and haven't found my niche quite yet. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated!

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

Does the contest have a theme or such or totally open? Now I'm not able to give advice on composition etc since I am a total noob but #2 is my favorite. I think I would like #1 better if it was shot from a different angle maybe instead of over top. Just my opinion which is technically not relevant but an average joe looking at a photo.

#1 is horrible..sorry to be blunt but it is.

#3 is really interesting and has nice composition. I would choose that one.
Good luck

#1 is horrible..sorry to be blunt but it is.

#3 is really interesting and has nice composition. I would choose that one.
Good luck
Why is #1 horrible?

It has nice color contrast and the subjects are well separated from the background because of it.

There are some effective leading lines and the composition gives the image a dynamic quality.

However, I agree #3 is the best of the group, though it still has some technical issues that could be addressed in post processing.

personally I like 3 and 4 the best. I think 3 would be helped if you could bring the sky back, or substitute it with another.

If 4 were reprocessed it could turn out quite well, the problem is the lack of having the entire tree (I'm sure I have other nits, but that's it for now).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back