Here are some pics that I am considering for a local amateur photo contest. I can only submit one, and haven't found my niche quite yet. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated!
Does the contest have a theme or such or totally open? Now I'm not able to give advice on composition etc since I am a total noob but #2 is my favorite. I think I would like #1 better if it was shot from a different angle maybe instead of over top. Just my opinion which is technically not relevant but an average joe looking at a photo.
personally I like 3 and 4 the best. I think 3 would be helped if you could bring the sky back, or substitute it with another.
If 4 were reprocessed it could turn out quite well, the problem is the lack of having the entire tree (I'm sure I have other nits, but that's it for now).