Amazing Macro Of Bee Hive! (with a crapy 5 year old camera)

shuttercraft

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mwilbourn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted to share this one with you. I did not have my camera with me:grumpy:, but my friend had a 4 year old SLR like camera (Olympus E-20), I set the camera to macro mode and slowly inched closer and closer. After about three minuets I got the lens of the camera about one inch from the hive and clicked away. I just wish I had my 5dmk2 with the 100mm macro for this shot...

I made a promise form that day on to lug my camera and lenses everywhere with me.:D
2528938527_43c96eb11d_b.jpg

No worries. THe forum resizes images that surpass their size restrictions all by itself. They then get horrible artefacts, but we all can then always click on the bar on top to bring it back to the size you chose for web-showing. And I did this and must say: how brave of you to get as close to the hive as just one inch (so close? You sure?) - now I can almost even HEAR the photo buzzing! I might have considered to crop out the top left (blurry) corner, but that's all up to you entirely.

That is so cool! I would never go that close. So you're pretty brave in my eyes. I hate beeees! They're like the only thing I am scared of - haha.

Must have been one hell of a wide angle lens to get that shot from 1" away.
Cool Shot.

The camera was my friends Olympus E-20 with a wide angle adapter on it. I wanted to kill myself for not having my camera!

That's what I call putting yourself on the line for the shot! Well done, very cool photo. I would only have tried it at about 5' or further with a 300mm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back