Amazing Trilobite beetle and look-alike

orionmystery

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
orionmystery.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first Trilobite beetle, and I thought it was just another firefly larva just like the one I found about a month ago :D

This was what I found a month ago. I got really excited thinking it was a Trilobte beetle. Turned out it was just a firefly larva, Lampyridae.

Firefly larva Lampyridae IMG_0668 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Firefly larva, Lampyridae IMG_0699 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Firefly larva, Lampyridae IMG_0721 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Now the real Trilobite beetle. Ironically, I wasn't excited when my friend showed me the beetle, thinking it was just another firefly larva :D

Trilobite beetle...IMG_2574 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Trilobite beetle...IMG_2586 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Trilobite beetle...IMG_2609 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Trilobite beetle and look-alike : Trilobite beetle and lookalike | Up Close with Nature

Wow, beautiful bugs and images.

I've never seen anything like those crazy-looking bugs. Your second image is my favorite of the six. The limb may as well be my finger... creepy!

Strange creatures.

I hope you had plenty of Poke'balls with you.

Maybe I'll talk the wife into taking a photo safari to Malaysia next year.... Once again, some pretty cool bugs and nice shots!

Those are so neat! Great captures!

OrionMystery, what's the scale of those bugs? 1 cm or thereabouts, or smaller?

Beautiful shots, as always! :)

Thanks for looking and commenting, eldruida, pgriz, PixelRabbit, Infinite_Day, Josh, KyraLamb, Dracaena, Charlie.

pgriz - both were about 1.5 inches long.

Most reactions

Back