Amber and Kyle's Wedding

Sorry, my bad!!!! Like I said, I didn't understand! My apologies. :)

Oh, and WHOOOP!!!

-Class of 2010

Hi Ranger,
Not sure what the "Oh Whoop" is about.... I was advised to use assistants, and responded that I have two, and furthermore thanked the poster.

I've been shooting weddings for some years now, and I have found that assistants are indeed much needed. First of all, I have way to much gear to lug around on my own. Secondly, I can't handle all the lighting, posing, and shooting by myself in a timely fashion on my own. And lastly, the weddings I normally work are very large (between 150-350 guests) and I can't simultaniously take photos at the church of the afterformals, and at the same time be at a venue across town taking photos of the reception area before it is trashed. It's truly a group effort. The people working with me are well paid and team members. Also, the people working with me have worked with me for years.

So anyway, back to the "Oh and Whoop" comment...I'm not exacty sure how that applies. I only responded to a poster.

If you were referring to shooting ambient light on a shot or two, it's only because of fast glass and years of doing this. I'm really confused by the comment. :)

Texas A&M cake. I attend university there. Whoop is our cultish cry for attention.

Oh, and WHOOOP!!!

-Class of 2010

Hi Ranger,
Not sure what the "Oh Whoop" is about.... I was advised to use assistants, and responded that I have two, and furthermore thanked the poster.

I've been shooting weddings for some years now, and I have found that assistants are indeed much needed. First of all, I have way to much gear to lug around on my own. Secondly, I can't handle all the lighting, posing, and shooting by myself in a timely fashion on my own. And lastly, the weddings I normally work are very large (between 150-350 guests) and I can't simultaniously take photos at the church of the afterformals, and at the same time be at a venue across town taking photos of the reception area before it is trashed. It's truly a group effort. The people working with me are well paid and team members. Also, the people working with me have worked with me for years.

So anyway, back to the "Oh and Whoop" comment...I'm not exacty sure how that applies. I only responded to a poster.

If you were referring to shooting ambient light on a shot or two, it's only because of fast glass and years of doing this. I'm really confused by the comment. :)

Texas A&M cake. I attend university there. Whoop is our cultish cry for attention.

Sorry! I so totally didn't get it. :) I shoot a lot of A&M weddings and it didn't click. :)

I think the pictures are well done, excellent posing and use of available light.
The last ring shot is soft (the one with both rings) and the two pictures at the alter are really nice except for the bright glowing/glaring cross that is coming out of the bride's head, really distracting.
I really do like the detail shots though.

Overall excellent work.

I think the pictures are well done, excellent posing and use of available light.
The last ring shot is soft (the one with both rings) and the two pictures at the alter are really nice except for the bright glowing/glaring cross that is coming out of the bride's head, really distracting.
I really do like the detail shots though.

Overall excellent work.

Thanks so much. :)

Yeah, the ring shot is indeed soft. It didn't look so soft until I saw it larger, but you guys are right. Definately soft.

Thanks so much for the cc and the kind words.

Most reactions

Back