American Le Mans Racing

Hey Matt, Seems like you're getting better on this car thing! I like the placement of the car better in #1...but shot #2 does have something going for it. One thing that I think worth pointing out in shot #2 is how GOOD the BACKGROUND is for panning...just the fence, and the trees...nothing white, no sponsor placards, just a VERY simple background, that allows all of the emphasis to be on the CAR you're panning along with. A simple, clean, fairly dark background means that that spot on the track is a great place to pan with the cars!!!! It's a lot like real estate: "Location,location,location!"

Thanks again for the input!

Figured I would add that one of the pics I posted here was used on one of my favorite automotive photography web sites (SPEEDHUNTERS) in a reader submitted feature! Hey, I know I don't have the best gear, or a portfolio (lol) but it's really cool to see my work featured! Below is a link :) and since you've already seen the pic here I don't have to tell you which one it is!

#IAMTHESPEEDHUNTER: YOU ARE THE LIGHTHUNTERS - Speedhunters

You definitely have some nice shots in my opinion. I also thinks its awesome that you got a pic on SPEEDHUNTERS. I love that site too.

KP, where are you in NC? I'm in Greensboro.

And yes, Speedhunters is one of my biggest inspirations!

leeroix said:
i love the last one... i have done a lot of work personally for that team...

Doesn't Rick Dole shoot on track for them?

Anyone going to Sebring?

Most reactions

Back