Americas Next Top Model?

RyanLilly

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone watch this? I only saw one episode because it was the only thing my coat hanger and scrap copper wire antenna would tune in at the time.

There was a photo shoot in the episode, and maybe I just don't have an eye for fashion photography, but I hated some of the photos that they picked as the "best shots." The models were often posing in very odd and uncomfortable looking position and bending joint in ways that look just plain unappealing and unnatural.

Now granted, I dont often read fashion magazines, unless the Sears add from the Sunday paper counts. lol. But, Is it just me or does anybody feel the same way?

What do you think?

I watch the show cause I'm amazed that they turn those (to me) ordinary looking girls into something beautiful on film - granted photoshop does help a lot.

But yeah I agree with you... sometimes they show the photos and I'm expecting them to give a horrible review and then all the judges think its 'brilliant' ... Must be a high fashion type thing... but if I saw it in a magazine I'd really wonder why they look like their leg is broken.

That show sucks....sorry ;)

Watch "The Shot" on VH1 Sundays 10pm (us-westcoast time)
--> This competition is about "who becomes the next fashion photographer"...

Some cool contests, nice equipment and hot models :)

It's TV, people... it's scripted, the have writers (who are currently striking). They're going to take the shot that they think will engage the viewership the most... and those people just got back from the Wal-Mart snack counter.

It's TV, people... it's scripted, the have writers (who are currently striking). They're going to take the shot that they think will engage the viewership the most... and those people just got back from the Wal-Mart snack counter.

Actually, the writer's strike doesn't affect reality shows like Top Model or The Shot. That's why we are going to see so many of them in the next few months or however long it takes them to end the strike.

That being said, I think it's a little unfair to generalize about people that watch these shows. A couple of my fave shows are reality shows and I've never eaten at the Wal-mart snack counter. :p

Even if it is scripted, the show was probably filmed months ago, so the strike now probably isn't hurting them too much.

I think all the reality shows are a toy version of what actually goes down during a shoot or what ever. As artists we should think about boycotting this poop.

Love & Bass

Good looking girls are to America's next top model, as good singers are to American Idol.

Has anyone seen the previous winners either in the popular charts or on the cover of magazines? The shows titles really are oxymoronic!

I don't want TV (wife does).. I'm an internet junkie....

But yeh.. its all scripted and Garbz is right on the money.. ( I do believe one or maybe two from American Idol is in the pop charts)

Yeah pop charts are not a good example since they are largely determined by marketing. Let's just say who here has a CD in their record collection ;)

I sure don't. The quality of some of the winners is dubious at best. As Garbz says, its TV and I feel that is entertainment, not that they are any real great singers there.

I could likely count the number of times I watched any reality TV show on one hand... and have fingers left over.

i love this show. and i dont care if its fake or scripted, its entertaining. but yes, they usually do choose girls who are "unconventionally beautiful" or in my words ugly. but there are some drop dead gorgeous girls that go on there thinking they are actually going into a modeling competition, how naive. the show is definitaly set up to highlight the drama. but fashion photographers have a completly different mind set than people like us. they have to capture the subject at thier most beautiful moment and sell a product. and as for then saying a ****ty picture is "brilliant" well yes i agree, but you have to keep in mind they are looking at how well the girl can model, not how well they photographer can take a picture. but yes, i read a lot of magazines where cover girl ads are ran, and i have not seen one of those girls in the ads. and one of the major prizes from being on that show is being a cover girl. the only time ive seen one of them is when jaslene was on the cover of latino magazine. the winner from last cycle. but whatevs, i like picking out my favorite girl and seeing if she will win, she never does. =(

i love this show. and i dont care if its fake or scripted, its entertaining. but yes, they usually do choose girls who are "unconventionally beautiful" or in my words ugly. but there are some drop dead gorgeous girls that go on there thinking they are actually going into a modeling competition, how naive. the show is definitaly set up to highlight the drama. but fashion photographers have a completly different mind set than people like us. they have to capture the subject at thier most beautiful moment and sell a product. and as for then saying a ****ty picture is "brilliant" well yes i agree, but you have to keep in mind they are looking at how well the girl can model, not how well they photographer can take a picture. but yes, i read a lot of magazines where cover girl ads are ran, and i have not seen one of those girls in the ads. and one of the major prizes from being on that show is being a cover girl. the only time ive seen one of them is when jaslene was on the cover of latino magazine. the winner from last cycle. but whatevs, i like picking out my favorite girl and seeing if she will win, she never does. =(

Who were you pulling for this time around? I was happy with the winner. Out of the top 3 I liked her the most.

Most reactions

Back