Amish Tour - C&C.

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please offer your comments on the following pictures taken in Lancaster County, PA. Thanks.

Train.jpg

CornSilo.jpg

Spider.jpg

That's a freakin' awsome locomotive, but I'm not digging the photo. I think you should be toward the front of the train shooting back, not back-shooting-front... at least with this particular composition. Or just shoot a perfectly perpendicular profile. The huge tank sticking out the top in the background is a strong distraction. The building roof and flower pot to the left are also distracting. This just wasn't the ideal place to get a great shot of this impressive piece of machinery, but I think you could have done better (so don't use that as an excuse! :) ). It also seems quite 'blue' on my monitor.

Another tank, I've seen lots of them from this angle. It's simply not interesting to me. At least not this perspective. May get further away and include some ground and surrounding structures in the shot?

The light looks flat, almost like an on-camera flash? Also the background is very grainy and I personally do not like that color! Wow, I feel bad that I don't have anything good to say, but I think if you take these things into account next time you go out, maybe I will. :)

The

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the engine was attached backwards to the other cars so a front shot as you describe was not possible. I agree with your comments on the big red tank and flower pot. I just wanted to capture the size of this thing and did the best I could. There is not much interesting about a corn silo in general, but I sorta liked the color of it. The spider was shot with on-camera flash at a gas station. I cranked up the ISO to get a good exposure and that created some noise in the photo. This is also a close crop which doesn't help much.

I hope you are avoiding the fires in Texas. I'm from SA, went to law school in Houston and still have family all over the state dodging ash. Stay safe.

Most reactions

Back