" An Artists Sky "

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok , first let me say something here , that I feel personally needs to be said...

I was at one time an Avid member and poster here at The Photo Forum.. but I couldn't see the harsh Critique on myself, as well as many of the other members posting... I totally understand the theory in critique, and it is appreciated, but yet part of me felt in reading critique of others photos , it was just plain Raw !!

I have since returning , probably posted again around ten Photos... the reviews have been favorable, and helpful... What I am impressed with, is what I also read about other peoples photos posts... nothing on the raw side, and all helpful suggestions and opinions... this to me, is a welcome back..

I don't always see critique in a photo in this forum.. I sometimes feel a need to just boost a photogs interest... one does Not have to find faults because a photo is posted in a critique thread.. I commend all of you for what I have now seen since my return!! A much more pleasant surroundings!!

ok, that off my chest, I will now start doing some critique myself, when needed lol.. and leave comments... I guess upon my return, I wanted to just put out feelers on this situation of how critique was working here again..

So anyway, another shot... " An Artists Sky "

AnArtistsSky.jpg

wow, this photo is beautiful. I love to see a new post here from you because i know i am in for a treat :)

My only crit is that inside of the barn. Is it just that brown because it is in shadow? or is it not red?
and also the shadow in the bottom right of the foreground, grabs for my eye

Houdy there Stranger !! I liked saying that, made me feel Western !! i'm not sure what you mean on the inside of barn ( brown ?) the foreground shadow , I understand however... but felt I couldn't sacrifice any more foreground.. need the balance lol..

wow, this photo is beautiful. I love to see a new post here from you because i know i am in for a treat :)

My only crit is that inside of the barn. Is it just that brown because it is in shadow? or is it not red?
and also the shadow in the bottom right of the foreground, grabs for my eye

Ya i agree about the inside of the barn, where it seems discoloured. Perhaps this could be fixed with some additional post production in PS. A side from that the colour of the red barn really pops, and the sky is really well composed, I think the title "An artists sky" is quite appropriate.

Ok , first let me say something here , that I feel personally needs to be said...

I was at one time an Avid member and poster here at The Photo Forum.. but I couldn't see the harsh Critique on myself, as well as many of the other members posting... I totally understand the theory in critique, and it is appreciated, but yet part of me felt in reading critique of others photos , it was just plain Raw !!

I have since returning , probably posted again around ten Photos... the reviews have been favorable, and helpful... What I am impressed with, is what I also read about other peoples photos posts... nothing on the raw side, and all helpful suggestions and opinions... this to me, is a welcome back..

I don't always see critique in a photo in this forum.. I sometimes feel a need to just boost a photogs interest... one does Not have to find faults because a photo is posted in a critique thread.. I commend all of you for what I have now seen since my return!! A much more pleasant surroundings!!

I also have become aware of the transformation of class which you mention.

I think the brown that is being referred to is actually just part of the patina of the roof -- that's the only place I see brown on the photo. I love the brown on the roof because it is showing the barn's age, the rusting of the roof. If that was taken out, it would look like a brand new barn -- YUCK. LOL

This is a beautiful photo -- I love the sky!

Well , First , Thank You all for Commenting!! I'm still not real clear on what you refer to as Inside?? I think you may be talking of the Darker Boards on the Barn?? They have Weathered, and appear as they might be bleeding into the reds ??

I did lighten the Barn area that was in total shade.. ( Dodge Lightly )...

The left side of this Barn was I believe built in the 1800s, vs , the right side built in early 1900s.. You can see a small difference in the Cupolas on top of each...

again , Thanks to each of you!!

Ok, after a second look i think you should remove the little bit of tree that sticks up over the barn. Not sure why i didnt see it before but i cant take my eye off it now

Stranger !!! wow you allowed to have a second Critique lol....

I think your right on that though!!!
It will be gone!!

Thanks again!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back