an edit of one of sundays shots

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
an edit of the 3rd shot from here

_N0H0232.jpg

Yeah - this one is really good - like this alot - given that the output from the towers - don't ever call them chimneys - is steam and it normally, to the eye billows - the time exposure gives it the opposite effect.
I like the colours and the the use of the trees in silouette to form the bottem of the frame. Although I am against to much post work I think this really works well and this is a great image now - Why don't you go back to your Otters!! :lmao:

Yeah - this one is really good - like this alot - given that the output from the towers - don't ever call them chimneys - is steam and it normally, to the eye billows - the time exposure gives it the opposite effect.
I like the colours and the the use of the trees in silouette to form the bottem of the frame. Although I am against to much post work I think this really works well and this is a great image now - Why don't you go back to your Otters!! :lmao:

cheers Ray, thought you might like it, and yes I did know they were cooling towers and not chimneys. As for the Otters, I wish I could

I prefer the edit...seems crisper somehow.

thank you

I see they've taken the graffiti off them :D

But what on earth inspired you to go to Didcot? Are you mad?

yeah I did wonder if it was still there. Didcot. Didcot - The town of dreams! yeah right! Kind of had nothing better to do so thought I head over to an industrial site but could of think of Didders

tank you

cheers but they are Cooling Towers :greenpbl:

Yep, cooling towers... like in Springfield.

Hot water is pumped to the top and it flows down to the bottom through some internal structures to distribute it evenly. Cool, dry air is forced to flow upwards by different methods, mixing it with the water. The contact of the hot water and cool air makes the water cool down. The result of this process is vapor (warm, humid air) which escapes from the top of the tower and looks a bit like smoke.

The form of these towers is commonly associated with thermonuclear plants, but is widely used in other types of electricity generating plants as well as in chemical plants.

pretty neat !! I really like it.

I wish I had these where I live, Id be all over them in a second,

did you get any hassles by security ?

I like how the steam fans out soo far...If I had to be picky all I could interject is

that it seems it could be a tad sharper in the details, but not a big deal.

no hassles from anyone as it was a Sunday so not that many people about and I was stood on a main road.

as for the details, they look good in the high res version but I was having trouble focusing in the dark

I remember those ones. One of my early postings was at RAF Benson and Didcot wasn't all that far away. I seem to recall going to a motorcycle rally once near Abingdon - the weather was really bad and I ended up getting soaked. In the end I'd had enough, so I walked from there back to Benson, seem to recall Didcot was one of the places I walked through on the way. Didn't one of the F1 teams used to be based there too?

Nice shot by the way.

Like it. Never thought about a long exposure for a subject like this before. Must give it a try some time.

I remember those ones. One of my early postings was at RAF Benson and Didcot wasn't all that far away. I seem to recall going to a motorcycle rally once near Abingdon - the weather was really bad and I ended up getting soaked. In the end I'd had enough, so I walked from there back to Benson, seem to recall Didcot was one of the places I walked through on the way. Didn't one of the F1 teams used to be based there too?

Nice shot by the way.

good ol' Benson, good bunch of people there! The RAF wouldn't be the same without them! Would love to be able to go there are phot the Merlins!!
Yeah think Williams or BMW or whotever they are called are still over that way (hate F! myself)

great image, nice colors. I like what the long exposure does to the steam :)

cheers Daan

Like it. Never thought about a long exposure for a subject like this before. Must give it a try some time.

many thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back