AN EVENING OUT

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aye Mates,
So as many o' ye know, I spend a lot more time with retrievers than I do with humans. Time for a change, me wife Lisa and I decided to head out for a drive and some dinner without any Labradors accompanying us. We had been wanting to head out to the Salem Cross Inn located in West Brookfield, Massachusetts and the time had come to make the trip about 45 minutes northwest from our home.

View attachment 177218
Salem Cross Inn ~ The inn was typical old New England in every respect and was pleasant on the eyes both on its exterior and interior. Sitting upon a 600 acre estate, the surrounding countryside was visually alluring and I was glad I had a couple o' me cameras along for the ride.

View attachment 177219
Vane Sky ~ This old hand wrought weathervane sitting atop o' the barn seemed to be guiding me eyes toward the beautiful pastoral views to be had behind the main series o' buildings. A fine dinner o' prime rib for Lisa and duck for meself was to be had at the inn and topped off with some wonderful libations followed by some tasty deserts. Lisa and I took a stroll about the grounds whilst I went about putting me camera o' choice to work.

View attachment 177220
Late For Dinner ~ Having just finished our delightful meal, I chuckled at the bovine gathering seen in a back pasture, one straggler making way to join the party.

View attachment 177221
Litho-donut ~ In fact, not a stone donut, but an antique stone well cap. The grounds adjacent to some o' the smaller outbuildings surrounding the inn were littered with some beautiful antique stoneworks from days long gone.

View attachment 177222
Foundational Mosaic ~ The dry laid stone o' this foundation under one o' the buildings spoke '' the backbreaking labor realized by those that worked this farm in days now passed. The patterns, colors, and textures o' the stone called to the lens o' me camera.

Most reactions

Back