AN EVENING OUT

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aye Mates,
So as many o' ye know, I spend a lot more time with retrievers than I do with humans. Time for a change, me wife Lisa and I decided to head out for a drive and some dinner without any Labradors accompanying us. We had been wanting to head out to the Salem Cross Inn located in West Brookfield, Massachusetts and the time had come to make the trip about 45 minutes northwest from our home.

T5Om2BHFRAu9vnI2uesiCQ_thumb_9335_Fotor.jpg

Salem Cross Inn ~ The inn was typical old New England in every respect and was pleasant on the eyes both on its exterior and interior. Sitting upon a 600 acre estate, the surrounding countryside was visually alluring and I was glad I had a couple o' me cameras along for the ride.

Pj7Dfe0KSf6A43vd0YTHUA_thumb_9310_Fotor.jpg

Vane Sky ~ This old hand wrought weathervane sitting atop o' the barn seemed to be guiding me eyes toward the beautiful pastoral views to be had behind the main series o' buildings. A fine dinner o' prime rib for Lisa and duck for meself was to be had at the inn and topped off with some wonderful libations followed by some tasty deserts. Lisa and I took a stroll about the grounds whilst I went about putting me camera o' choice to work.

y6XJOfiIQKOcVqR+e09Arw_thumb_9318_Fotor.jpg

Late For Dinner ~ Having just finished our delightful meal, I chuckled at the bovine gathering seen in a back pasture, one straggler making way to join the party.

heumqsswQWKCrDYPJzE5ww_thumb_930d_Fotor.jpg

Litho-donut ~ In fact, not a stone donut, but an antique stone well cap. The grounds adjacent to some o' the smaller outbuildings surrounding the inn were littered with some beautiful antique stoneworks from days long gone.

sSv1J+y1QkGohif2DueO4Q_thumb_9311_Fotor.jpg

Foundational Mosaic ~ The dry laid stone o' this foundation under one o' the buildings spoke '' the backbreaking labor realized by those that worked this farm in days now passed. The patterns, colors, and textures o' the stone called to the lens o' me camera.

Nice pics and place, something tells me the food was good there. I wasn't so lucky last weekend when I took right about 45 minutes to drive south to Myakka River State Park. It was a Friday and when I got there, to my surprise, the gates were closed with signs saying, "Open Weekends and holidays." Oh, well, the drive was nice so not a total loss. I'll go back soon …. on a Saturday, lol!

eHIOGQzJSMWo5PiMhGOdBQ_thumb_931e_Fotor.jpg

Pastoral Splendor ~ As I let me eyes wander about the surrounding countryside, I could not help but be awed by the rural beauty before me.

pRiGitZnQLah8wcj3b4TOA_thumb_9324_Fotor.jpg

Sky O'er West Brookfield ~ As the sun slipped just below the western horizon, we were treated to a spectacular sky above, the sun's rays creating beautiful highlights upon the edges o' backlit clouds in silhouette. As magnificent as this overhead exhibition was to be, so too it was most brief in duration, fleeting in seconds as the sun dropped further and further.

PIg+FkauTDSp6WLrKCeiQw_thumb_9327_Fotor.jpg

On Evening's Cusp ~ The curtain o' ambient light slowly being drawn, me eyes savored the complimentary colors as seen before them in the old red barn and the surrounding verdant pasturelands. The spectacular show of light in the sky seen just minutes before had surrendered to the subtle blues more typically seen. Me mind was torn between the beauty I had witnessed in both scenes.

4+dqKmCuRnO5fYtdZAQslg_thumb_9333_Fotor.jpg

Wondrous Flora ~ Walking in the shadows o' the old barn, I paused to examine the amazing structure o' this plant growing along her fieldstone foundation.

ckEdQcaJQYmL0GPmk4+xUg_thumb_933e_Fotor.jpg

Bonnie 455 ~ Upon returning to the parking lot, a vintage vehicle beckoned to be photographed and the owners came about as I was doing so. The gent asked me if I wanted to give it a drive. I thought to meself, "surely he can't be serious"? In fact, he was. I considered his offer briefly and politely declined. Truth be told, I was afraid to accept his most kind offer. Knowing that me right foot is considerably more hefty than me left foot, t'was not in the best interest o' the owner, nor meself to give her a go. Damn it though, it surely would have been cool.

I thanked the lad for his generous offer and gave him me card. I told him to contact me and I would forward him some photographs of his beautiful soft top.

A grand time had, Lisa and I made our way home to the warm greeting received from our awaiting Labrador Retrievers TRAD and MAC.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Again, nice pics! Lovely car! Back in the day my dad had a Pontiac Catalina (not sure of the year, I think a '66) with a 400 ci, it was a hard-top, fire engine red with a black roof and blk. interior. I would give my much lighter left foot to have it now so my right foot could tromp on the gas a bit, lol! It looked a lot like this, only red/blk.
1966-Pontiac-Catalina.jpg

Again, nice pics! Lovely car! Back in the day my dad had a Pontiac Catalina (not sure of the year, I think a '66) with a 400 ci, it was a hard-top, fire engine red with a black roof and blk. interior. I would give my much lighter left foot to have it now so my right foot could tromp on the gas a bit, lol! It looked a lot like this, only red/blk.
View attachment 177234

Nice rig, but the Farmall next to it is more my speed now. LOL.

Mike ☘️

View attachment 177234

Nice rig, but the Farmall next to it is more my speed now. LOL.

Mike ☘️

I didn't notice it was secretly a picture of the tortoise and the hare, lol!

Sounds like a nice evening out. I love historic country places like that. Lovely pictures and thanks for sharing. Did you bring Trad and Mac a doggie bag?

I think a lot of these would benefit from removing the black border. Just my 2cents

Sounds like a nice evening out. I love historic country places like that. Lovely pictures and thanks for sharing. Did you bring Trad and Mac a doggie bag?

We did indeed bring the lads a doggie bag.:winky:

Mike ☘️

Most reactions

Back