An Experiment Which make NIKON D70s Reform to Panoramic Camera

byleon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
byleon.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very long-playing, I hope to try Panoramic creations. Helpless is the familiar Panoramic cameras are too big, they an’t suitable for take outside as a paraphernalia, and hasselblad’s X-PAN which has already stop production is not in my economic capability. In the meantime, I also more and more make it a habit that the shortcut which digital camera bring. Hence I had this plan: Reform my NIKON D70s into the Panoramic digital camera.

I don’t really want that makeing an illegibly type like 16:9, it too close to 135 film size; I also not like the 16:10 size that most conform to golden section over-much, it’s too”perfect”, too”formulize”, too well-behaved; After watching some Panoramic works, I decide to use the inverse proportion of X-PAN: 65:24. This size has more challenges and also be unlikely to outrun my ability scope too much.

I spend a week time just indeed settles down a reformation project, and then spends 3 to prepare all materials.About this morning 3:00, the D70 s camera change body completion.In the concrete test, my detection long breadth comparison compare 65:24 have deviation, equal to 3:eek:ne appearance, fortunately deviation not big, basic still keep originally imagining a medium felling.

Lefting for to photograph device city to purchase exposure meter today was follow road to clap to descend these photographs and also be regarded as experience of a part.Suddenly discover the breadth importantly isn’t “breadth” but cause of”shock”, but from”breadth” but output of a kind of pleasant impression of”the Shu be airtight obvious”.I think probably to will have been adopt this kind of slice of hereafter, until I completely can masterly control it, and again feel need to break “normal regulations”.

leon_experiment_0001.jpg

leon_experiment_0002.jpg

leon_experiment_0003.jpg

Whats the pixel dimensions on the reformed camera? Did you just make a permanent crop? or replace the sensor?

No, I didn't crop the image.
I just block the sensor and the viewfinder.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back