What's new

An oak leaf

crimbfighter

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
2,219
Reaction score
1,784
Location
Wisconsin, United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thoughts? C&C appreciated.

10874669983_cb32c9c384_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
No thoughts? I know not everyone is a fan of selective coloring, though this isn't really selective coloring. I liked it because the leaf had freshly fallen, and it felt like that tree was a final holdout for loosing it's leaves. Like it was in denial winter was coming, kinda like me...
 
I like it! I would maybe like to see a little more (just a tad) vignetting on the corners to really make the green leaf pop out?

If you could reshoot it, I would make sure it was ALL brown leaves behind the green because the yellow leaves are taking away from the "denial" thought for me (if that makes sense?).
 
I like it! I would maybe like to see a little more (just a tad) vignetting on the corners to really make the green leaf pop out?

If you could reshoot it, I would make sure it was ALL brown leaves behind the green because the yellow leaves are taking away from the "denial" thought for me (if that makes sense?).

Thanks! And good point. I did notice my eye was dashing to the yellow leaf from time to time, but didn't really put two and two together..
 
(It's a maple leaf).

Joe

Busted... I realized that the moment I posted the thread, and by then, it was too late...

I played around putting it on the third, but for some reason, it just lost appeal to me when I did it. Thanks for the suggestion. And for calling me out..
 
I took another gander at this, and used the suggestions. After finding an 8x10 crop I liked, and walking away for a few days, I think the new crop is better. I also desaturated the yellow leaf that was competing for the eye. I also bumped the vibrance a couple points. Thoughts?

10874654053_d9b0c83476_b.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom