An old abandoned school house

WadeMack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this shot of an old abandoned school house the other day. There was something about the texture of the old wood shingles and the old paint that caught my eye. My question is about the
composition of the photo itself. Should I have tried for a different angle, or is a head on shot like this interesting?

Old School House by wade_mack1, on Flickr

Last edited:
I wish the view was farther away, I feel like the crop is too tight. I would have liked to see more.

I'm thinking just the opposite, a tighter crop. I also brought up the mid tone just a little

$11827133564_2ee0359ae7_bb.jpg

I like the idea of a closer crop. I would have liked to get in close enough to pull even more detail off of the building. The square crop also works very well. Thanks a lot!

As soon as I saw your original shot I thought "I really like this. Poor guy. If I like this, I bet he doesn't get much feedback."

I like the shot. It's the right angle.
Here you have shapes, lines, geometry, symmetry.

I wish that snow on the left is not there but that's nothing you could done to get it out there. Maybe a reshoot later? Because of that snow and slightly more yellow in the triangle the balance is a bit off, just a bit, and because you have here great symmetry but slightly disrupted, maybe to lose mentioned?
jmo

Most reactions

Back