Ancient Mastadon tooth

Majik Imaje

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
majikimaje.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is about 15,000 years old! this is just a part of a tooth. the lines are where the "crushing" took place as the tooth grew.

mi01.jpg

this is actual size of the "piece" we found.

but it was carried by a beast of immense proportions.

http://majikimaje.com/tusk.jpg

that tusk was found on a beach in Kotzebue Alaska in 2004, Clyde was walking along the beach and he saw a small piece of what he thought was wood. He almost broke his foot when it kicked it hard. He reached down and grabbed it and the earth moved 10 feet away. He ran home got a shovel and dug this up. He was immediatley offered $15,000 for it. He declined, because he can make ten times that amount by "carving" on it. Mastadon Fossiled Ivory is tens of thousands of years old 15, - 25,000 years approximately or so they say.

it is extremly brittle and can easily be softened by soaking it in baby oil. mineral oil, etc. the equisite patterns on the inside must be seen to be appreciated. very fine lines in a criss cross circular pattern overlapping.

15, 000 years old??? Whatever!! The earth is only about 6,000 years old

is something we will never know the exact date of. We can only assume. I believe Zactly what your saying, I am a firm believer, but I have to put what it is known on wiki and google because no one will ever believe the TRUTH! AND THIS is not the place or the thread. for HIM!

.. .. ACT AS THOUGH THE image is "invisible" and they focus on something else, so they can add their pesonal opinions that have noting at all to do with the image posted?

This is the actual size of the piece we found. in other words. if I hold the piece up to the monitor... it matches in size.

Mastadon teeth CANNOT be carved on. it is impossible to cut or to carve on, even using carbide bits and blades. this is beyond petrified, it is just too hard. Bea Lisburne found two "roots" of teeth the size of "bricks" the teeth were each sold for over 800 ! each! display purposes only, you can't cut, carve on this stuff.. it is just tooo hard! It is found all over the place in Kotzebue Alaska, and people make great money selling it as is.

The tusk however is a different story. it is soft and easily carved and shaped into almost anything.

http://majikimaje.com/shophere/agora.cgi

Definition of "trinket"

cheap showy jewelry or ornament on clothing.

Well I don't think that falls anywhere near what we do with IVORY.

it takes INCREDIBLE GREAT SKILL to create an EAGLE with all the incredible painstaking details in each feather, and the entire body, with fascinating detail that actually appears lifelike with a "personality" built in to that piece. TOURISTS PAY IN EXCESS of 5k - 10k for one of those "trinkets".

they sell . the same day as they are finished. I will post an image of one.
when I can find the Personality I am looking for. Carving is the only source of income in a village that has 80% un-employment. and I don't know of anyone that makes "trinkets".

I mean NO OFFENSE to anyone, when I say. People from the "world" have NO IDEA.. what life is like in the Arctic. Your world doesn't apply up here. and our world does not apply to where you live. You can ony "assume".. .. . .. .. "incorrectly"! but that is ok.. I write much about the Arctic so people can UNDERSTAND how we live, and what we have to do.. just to eat.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72073

We have to pay over $5.00 for a gallon of gas.. FOR YEARS! this is nothing new. Since the seventies Gas has been well over $3.00 a gallon.

This is interesting...

....I guess I'm just missing what responses you're hoping for? :confused: Are you looking for a critique/suggestions about the photo? or are you just sharing it with us?

cheers!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back