...and Christ extended his arms, calling all the animals to him

Yup, that is quite cool. How about a little tweak, though? Slight rotation, and a bit of a crop...

birdjesus.jpg

Except for the cats, because remember, dogs have owners, cats have staff. :lol:
I was just asking, because I think the OP might need to find another verse for naming the photo. Then again, I know very little about the New Testament, so I have no idea if there is any mention of the OP's title.

My sense wasn't that the title was necessarily in reference to Noah's Ark, but rather just the power of Christ to draw all things to Himself. But I didn't take the picture, or TITLE the picture, so I can't say for sure. ;)

Yeah, I'm a Christian too (hence the screen name), and yes, I love this photo; absolutely striking. But I wouldn't say it speaks to me more *strongly* because of my faith; just that it speaks to me perhaps *differently* because of my faith. It may, in fact, elicit just as strong a "connection" from someone who is not a Christian, just for different reasons.
It's just a very striking photo, and it's well done! Wish I'd taken it. For that matter, I wish I was in Brazil right now even if I *wasn't* taking that photo. Because I'm pretty sure it's warm there, and I despise this cold.

Note to all you Northerners and Canadians, of which there seem to be a gracious plenty around here: YES, I am talking about *Southern* cold, which would make most of you think you'd walked out into a sauna. It was only about 30 deg. F here yesterday, about 18 last night...though I admit it was 50 today...but I don't like anything below about 60. There's a REASON I was born in the south... :lol:

High of 23 today here in New York, we got 6 inches of snow. And I responded to a fire call at 0630 this morning wearing shorts and a T-shirt because I didn't wanna take the time to dress warmer. lol

High of 23 today here in New York, we got 6 inches of snow. And I responded to a fire call at 0630 this morning wearing shorts and a T-shirt because I didn't wanna take the time to dress warmer. lol

Ha! And I dressed in long pants, boots, a turtleneck AND long sleeve shirt. AND a Coat. And gloves. With the heater on in my car. I did shed the gloves this afternoon when it hit 50, but I still had the coat, and the heater on in the car.;-)

My dad was born and raised in Brooklyn, and then he spent most of WWII stationed in Alaska. He used to go outside in ice storms, clad only in his swim trunks, no shoes, to get fire for the fireplace for all of his silly cold-natured southern children.

Yesterday it got to -2. Today's warmer at 4. at least I am not in the NW part of the state. Glasgow's low yesterday was -29

People were never supposed to live in this climate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back