and its 1 2 3 4

I'm confused...:scratch: Are those numbers from an old lightmeter or a lens?

If they're from a lightmeter they might refer to LV (or Light Values) of sorts, especially if the numbers go as high as 19 or 20.

If on a lens... I dunno, I have never seen one like that.

Do you have a picture of it?

Its the aperture setting on the lens... kodak brown folders the very first ones.

No this is the aperture on a early, very early kodak brownie lens im looking at maybe buying.

I dont have one but take a look at this

screenhunter0010ol.png
APParently this system was even before the us system of aperture numbering. More like a kodak scene type making system but I'm sure someone knows generally what they mean. I have no experience with them.

I have a 150mm wallensak set of glass for an antique lens. I'm looing for a shutter thought one of these might be intersting to have on an old camera.

While looking for a pick I found one of the next generation us f stops. I think the corresponding might be f11 f16 f22 and f32 based simply on the next oldest shutter I could fine was marked us with those equalent makings. Based on the 16 us = f16 rule of conversion.

If you happen to know more let me know...

Measure the opening. Focal length divided by aperture size = f/#.

now i just feel stupid. I had that bookmarked for film sizes but never read the whole page. Thanks thats what I thought from the first generation of us numbers they used.

I do appreciate your looking for me.

And I dont have the lens yet so it wouldn't be possible to measure it.

mysteryscribe said:
now i just feel stupid. I had that bookmarked for film sizes but never read the whole page. Thanks thats what I thought from the first generation of us numbers they used.

I do appreciate your looking for me.

And I dont have the lens yet so it wouldn't be possible to measure it.

:lol: :lol: You're welcome! That's why we're here, to help each other.

Most reactions

Back