And so my infrared obsession begins...

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Just got my new infrared filter for my D50 this weekend. I'm gonna have to get another one for the 10mm real soon! Definitely looks awesome, a totally new look on life! Let me know what you guys think.

Normal...
dsc0016rj9.jpg

And infrared of same scene
dsc0015wx1.jpg

dsc0009kp0.jpg

Inverse Infrared Photography
dsc0009csgi3.jpg

My house... this is right off the camera... no photoshop
dsc0040bb4.jpg

dsc0011mm9.jpg

dsc0048lu0.jpg

B+W Infrared
dsc0045xw5.jpg

Blue Bushes?
dsc0009yh1.jpg

you have some hot areas in these but all in all a good first effort.
When it comes to processing there are many variations and many tweeks you can go for.

If i go for the channel switch, i usually desaturate individual colours to make them more appealing. For example you will get alot of cyan in channel switched IR so i personally always desat the cyan... or sometimes the red channel if its too strong.
However some people prefer to keep the cyan cast and all... just have fun playing :thumbup:

Def. like the one of your house and the city skyline.

how much was your infared filter?

It was only like 35$ (52mm size)... gotta love ebay :)

I'm going to get another for my 10-20mm... 77mm size... that ones gonna run closer to $70 :(

you have some hot areas in these but all in all a good first effort.
When it comes to processing there are many variations and many tweeks you can go for.

If i go for the channel switch, i usually desaturate individual colours to make them more appealing. For example you will get alot of cyan in channel switched IR so i personally always desat the cyan... or sometimes the red channel if its too strong.
However some people prefer to keep the cyan cast and all... just have fun playing :thumbup:

Yea I just noticed that... it likes to blow out in the cyan colors... is there anyway you know of to not cause this to happen? can I try custom parameters on the camera and turn the saturation down? It does look better if I desaturate cyans (or yellow if I do a channel swap), I'll get better with it eventually, infrared photography is definetly a genre in itself

I want one

Nice pics

Thanks!

Go buy one they are cheap :)

It was only like 35$ (52mm size)... gotta love ebay :)

I'm going to get another for my 10-20mm... 77mm size... that ones gonna run closer to $70 :(

:)

Cool! I have seen these and thought they were for film cameras only. I love the effect, so maybe I will be shopping for a new filter soon :)

Just curious as to how long your exposures were for and what AP? I just got mine and want to try it out soon.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back