What's new

And yet another 365 project

Akrobby

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
1
Location
Anchorage, AK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I too am going to attempt a 365 project. Although I will be posting some pics of my dogs, as we have a few, I want to try and make it varied. I want to try different processing techniques, and post some different types of photos.

This is pic #1. This is Jass. We are both Ohio State fans. It is because of the awesome surgeons at OSU that she still can see out of one eye. We sent her to Columbus, from Alaska, for cataract surgery over the summer. She spent the summer with my Dad, and came back spoiled and about 10lbs overweight. I'm hoping to stick with this project for the whole year, we will see how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum
 

Attachments

  • $image-3260787703.webp
    $image-3260787703.webp
    80.1 KB · Views: 232
good luck with your project, and nice photo! I also have an Aussie, and they're crazy dogs! haha
 
Day 2. We are putting our Christmas tree away this weekend, but while it was still up I figured I would capture one of my anniversary presents. Every year since 2003, my wife has got me the most recent Lowes / Jimmie Johnson ornament. Have 9 of them so far. We definitely have other ornaments, so it is not strictly a NASCAR tree. I was hoping to get an exterior shot today, but it gets dark so early. I'm sure there will be some midnight sun shots coming up this summer. That is the big trade off, dark in the winter, and sun all night in the summer.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum
 

Attachments

  • $image-2176771247.webp
    $image-2176771247.webp
    68.8 KB · Views: 233
And day 3. This is a shot of Cook Inlet in Anchorage, with the Talkeetna Mountains in the background. I liked how the streaks in the clouds looked.

8345110472_8645f168c8_b.jpg
[/url]

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum
 
Good going; i like aussie and others; Xmas star image looks busy :D
 
Aussie is a nice capture, really love it!
Hope you have fun on your journey!
 
Thank you for the encouragement and feedback, I want to get better as a photographer, and this will help. Today is another Aussie picture. This is Safire. She is hopefully going to be a mama again in a month or so. That will take us from 5 Aussies to?, at least for awhile. All but one of the puppies from her first litter had these same blue eyes. We kept two of them, one a red tri and one a black tri, both with incredible eyes. I'm sure they will be featured soon in this stream.

On another note, I am loving my 5D mark III. This is almost SOOC, with just a slight amount of post.

3K2B0262.jpg by AKRobby[/url

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum
 
Thank you for the encouragement and feedback, I want to get better as a photographer, and this will help. Today is another Aussie picture. This is Safire. She is hopefully going to be a mama again in a month or so. That will take us from 5 Aussies to?, at least for awhile. All but one of the puppies from her first litter had these same blue eyes. We kept two of them, one a red tri and one a black tri, both with incredible eyes. I'm sure they will be featured soon in this stream.

On another note, I am loving my 5D mark III. This is almost SOOC, with just a slight amount of post.

3K2B0262.jpg by AKRobby[/url

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum


Found it! That's a beautiful dog, she has the same blue eyes as Sofia (mine), except my dog only has one blue eye; the other is brown. It's funny, I guess aussies are camera shy - my dog's ears go down whenever I point the camera at her also :lol:
 
A couple of our Aussies, like Jass above, love the camera. As soon as I pull it out she starts posing. Safi is the more reserved one. She is also more so right now being pregnant. I will have to get a group shot of all of them for tomorrows picture.
 
And day 3. This is a shot of Cook Inlet in Anchorage, with the Talkeetna Mountains in the background. I liked how the streaks in the clouds looked.

8345110472_8645f168c8_b.jpg
[/url]

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

The horizon looks a little crooked in this one to me and the willows or whatever they are in the foreground are distracting. I like the rest of the scene and I think a better crop would be much stronger and bring out the mountains more.

Good luck with the project!
 
Thank you for the feedback, I agree with all of it. It was a quick, lunchtime stop, and that one seemed to be the best of the bunch. I enjoy shooting landscapes, but have lots and lots to learn. I might try a re-crop on this one.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum
 
Thank you for the feedback, I agree with all of it. It was a quick, lunchtime stop, and that one seemed to be the best of the bunch. I enjoy shooting landscapes, but have lots and lots to learn. I might try a re-crop on this one.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

I know what you mean by quick shooting. I'm doing a 31 day project and once or twice already I've thought to myself that I better stop and get some shots done before I run out of time for today's shot.
 
The sun goes down so early here that if I want a landscape shot, I have to do it early. We are gaining daylight everyday, and soon will have lots, so I'm not complaining, haha.

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom