Flying Panda

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
jt-strachan.pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From a previous post:

Nice pic but the poor thing looks a little emaciated.
@K9Kirk - yea, she does look emaciated. All the deer in my area have taken on this appearance recently. They do this in the fall as a result of losing their summer coat and growing in their winter coat. But some of the deer we see around our place are showing their ribs more than usual, or maybe that is just me since I pay so close attention to them. We have a couple of does that haven't grown much winter fur yet but have lost their summer coat completely and they look really naked. Also, their summer coat has more of a lighter beige color and their winter coat takes on a darker grayer color. I'll try to get some more pics to compare the difference.[/QUOTE]

Just to further illustrate with an examle, here is one of our resident deer that hasn't yet lost all her summer coat and the new winter coat coming in makes her appear as if the skin is showing. Because of the really short new fur, every contour of her body is showing - especially the back bone on this particular doe.

500_0035 (LRGCR)-F1500x844.jpg

JT

From a previous post:

Nice pic but the poor thing looks a little emaciated.
@K9Kirk - yea, she does look emaciated. All the deer in my area have taken on this appearance recently. They do this in the fall as a result of losing their summer coat and growing in their winter coat. But some of the deer we see around our place are showing their ribs more than usual, or maybe that is just me since I pay so close attention to them. We have a couple of does that haven't grown much winter fur yet but have lost their summer coat completely and they look really naked. Also, their summer coat has more of a lighter beige color and their winter coat takes on a darker grayer color. I'll try to get some more pics to compare the difference.

Just to further illustrate with an examle, here is one of our resident deer that hasn't yet lost all her summer coat and the new winter coat coming in makes her appear as if the skin is showing. Because of the really short new fur, every contour of her body is showing - especially the back bone on this particular doe.

View attachment 180071

JT[/QUOTE]
Understood.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back