Anhinga, vulture, and an armadillo

Snakeguy101

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went for a hike today and here are some shots of the wildlife. All of these were taken with my new d80 and a 50mm lens (my telephoto has not arrived in the mail yet). C&C is always welcome too.

Enjoy.

Anhinga landing on a tree:
DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

Vulture catching some morning rays:
DSC_0291.jpg

and this sneaky little fellow ended up chasing us. First time I had ever seen that behavior in an armadillo...
DSC_0277.jpg

It's very unfortunate you only had your 50mm. I would have loved to see #4 with a 300mm + focal length! #1-2-3 are pretty soft. Heavy crop? I like #5!! He is a funny little buddy. Where were these taken? I don't think armadillo leave up here! Hopefully you'll have another chance at the same guys with the telephoto!

Yeah, I agree with your critiques and I was a little upset they sent the camera and lens on different days but on Monday I will be getting a 70-300 mm lens and I am sure I will be back to the prairie where these were taken soon enough.

Yes the first three were cropped but I have to admit they were a bit soft to begin with...In any case I felt that they were at least facebook worthy.

They were taken here in central FL in a place called Paynes Prairie state park.

Don't forget to post your results with the 70-300mm. That will be a definite improvement!
Central Florida... yeeeaa.. No snow there right?!:scratch: Very nice wildlife, very lucky! Lucky forward to your future posts!

Thanks, I will. And no, I wore shorts and flip flops today. And it still gets too cold for me.

Thanks, I will. And no, I wore shorts and flip flops today. And it still gets too cold for me.

:lmao: Too funny!!! Was around 10F today and went diving in the only ice free spot up on the river! Water was 33F and had to walk in a foot and a half of snow to get in the river!!!:lmao: So jealous of your "cold weather"!!!!

:lmao: Too funny!!! Was around 10F today and went diving in the only ice free spot up on the river! Water was 33F and had to walk in a foot and a half of snow to get in the river!!!:lmao: So jealous of your "cold weather"!!!!

That is funny, I would never go ice diving. There are springs here that stay nice and warm all year round. I went the other day and didn't even have to wear a wetsuit.:mrgreen:

I love the shot of the armadillo (I think I spelled that correctly). Including wind chill it was -30 here last night so...yeah. A bit colder than you guys. :D

Thanks.
WOW that is cold! I have no right to complain that it hit 50º here compared to your -10º!

#4 and #5 are good; first three are :grumpy: because of your lens may be

Even when the temperature is about 20 deg.celsius, i start trembling; i can come to your places for shooting, with a coffin for my return journey :grumpy:

Regards :D

Most reactions

Back