Annoying Problem with EOS 350D

Lesjordans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lesjordans.deviantart.com
Hey, I bought my first EOS 350D on boxing day, and noticed the AF 7 Red dots were blurry, so i took it back the next day and got it replaced with another body, the one i have just now, but noticed the bottom and top AF dots are still blurry, so im getting it taken back after the new year. Any one else ever come across this problem?

How blurry? The dots aren't as clear as the boxes around them but that isn't suppose to be so is it?

isnt there a little wheel next to your viewfinder that changes the focus?

I just tested mine out, and I can't say they are "sharp". When I look at a black surface and change the AF dots, there will be the dot, and around will be some extra red light, so to speak. I am not certain whether this is suppose to be there or not, but it hasn't hindered the use of the camera, and I haven't even noticed it until now.

Yeh mine has that too. i don't think it can be "fixed". Whats wong with it? I don't even look at those and only noticed them now as I looked for them. What are the dots even for?

So.. I think that it is just the 350Ds design as opposed to a problem with your individual camera. Please update us if it can be fixed (not because I am planning on getting mine fixed, I just want to know if it is possible). I am quite certain the 20D has a different set-up of AF points, and it doesn't cause this red halo.

well the first EOS 350d was very blurry but with a new body its just slightly blurry, i'll let you know in the new year when i get another body whats happened, and with the red dots you can select the area to be in focus, quite handy for me

they shouldnt be dead sharo but you may need to realy adjust the eye focusing wheel. Also if what your looking at is quite a bit darker than the dot you eyes will natrualy blur them a bit also if what your eye is focusing on is a long way away the same may happen

I don't know what would cause the blurryness but every 350D has the little 'flash' of extra light around the focal points in the view finder and it doesn't affect the final image at all.

Most reactions

Back