What's new

Another Butterfly

benlonghair

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
1,072
Reaction score
0
Location
Woodstock, CT
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, another of the same butterfly.

Again, this is a female eastern tiger swallowtail. A little about the PP on this one. Beyond the standard WB adjustment, curves and USM, I cloned a flower out that was very close to intersecting the tail. I also masked and used a gaussian blur to reduce BG noise and to make the clone fit a little better.

Your critique is always appreciated.

4802245429_a412e67213_b.jpg


300mm | f/8 | 1/200 | ISO 400 | Flash Fired
 
I like it, but I wouldve blurred the entire background and only left the butterfly and the flower its on.
 
This is lovely =)
 
I like it, but I wouldve blurred the entire background and only left the butterfly and the flower its on.

I could still do that. I'm torn between "I've altered it enough" and "I've already altered it, who cares if there are more alterations."
 
Could always try it and see what happens. I think it's a great catch, though! :)
 
Not too bad really. Dumb question maybe, but how does one tell the males from the females? (I hope the answer isn't embarrassingly simple and obvious, like, "The males have a xxxxx that can be seen," or something like that!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom