Another day another photo shoot. CC welcomed as always.

UnknownBro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is my 6th time shooting a person IIRC

GQQUnz2.jpg

avenbje.jpg

W4Mjqf2.jpg

V8fXpV7.jpg

u13FJc1.jpg

ixxkC1e.jpg

aIKUtME.jpg

h8bJTSi.jpg

The first two are a fantastic setting, but she needs some better light on her. She's flat and uninteresting, the city in the background dominates.

Of the rest, the ones I like are where you can best see the face in the art behind her. First, you get the interesting placement of two faces next to one another, and secondly she seems to be posing well and has some moderately interesting light on her in both of these. The one with the two eyes behind her just barely visible, she's just standing there looking like a lumberjack. Good model, wrong instant, in that one ;)

Not bad for the 6th time out, though! She's super interesting to look at, you should definitely spend more time with her at that first location. Think about how she can dominate the frame without taking up very much of it. Would having her with a sword be too much? Probably, but I'd like to look at those pictures anyways.

my lighting was like this.

lE5gkb8.jpg

It was kind of windy so I didn't want to put up my softbox. I just used my 22'' beauty dish. What light modifier would you have used?

I had my 400 ws strobe powered by my vegabond mini and a hair light set way back on full power to kind of fill in the foreground as well as attempt to separate her from the background.

yeah I agree i need to work on different poses. Still learning more from every shoot.

I think 2 and 4 are most promising.
With 2 I would put more side lighting and cut the right side of the frame up to the square building on the horizon. You would get more visual balance and her shade would then play into the composition.
With 4 I would move her to the right and frame her at 1/3 using the wall face as a counterbalance , and I would ask the model to take a more similar pose to that face.

Most reactions

Back