Another Fall Colors In The Smokys Set

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I decided to share a few more shots of the Smoky Mountains I took last weekend. I took the advice of Nikon Shooter and attempted to tame them down a little. Here goes:

Fall Colors Multi Colors (1 of 1).jpg
Fall Colors Multi Colors 2 (1 of 1).jpg
Fall Colors Multi Colors 3 (1 of 1).jpg
Fall Colors Multi Colors 4 (1 of 1).jpg
Fall Colors Multi Colors 5 (1 of 1).jpg
Fall Colors Multi Colors 6 (1 of 1).jpg
Fall Colors Multi Colors 7 (1 of 1).jpg
Fall Colors Multi Colors 8 (1 of 1).jpg

I enjoyed looking at them. They make me wish I was there.

I think the other set looked good, they were more vibrant and I like my colors vibrant. These are vibrant too but are more natural looking, except for #1 and #5, they seem to be a bit flat/washed on the color compared to the rest. A little dehaze may help with the wash, it usually does with mine. Overall I think they look pretty darn good, you did well on both sets.

I think the other set looked good, they were more vibrant and I like my colors vibrant. These are vibrant too but are more natural looking, except for #1 and #5, they seem to be a bit flat/washed on the color compared to the rest. A little dehaze may help with the wash, it usually does with mine. Overall I think they look pretty darn good, you did well on both sets.
You do know they are called the Smoky Mountains for a reason don't you? There is always a haze which is natural. Anyways, thanks for the comments.

-

I like things to look natural as Mother Nature needs no makeup.
Very good progression, Scott! :encouragement:
I actually like them both ways. But I don't want to make them look too artificial. Thanks for the comments & suggestions.

You do know they are called the Smoky Mountains for a reason don't you? There is always a haze which is natural. Anyways, thanks for the comments.
lol! I was born in Kentucky so I hope I do. I wasn't talking about the blueish smoky that's off in the distance. In some pictures where the trees are close you see no haze/smoky, but in others where the trees are just as close you do so it made me think it had something to do with the post process. No big deal, forget about it.

It could have. I softened the vibrance & saturation a little in a few of them. What part of KY?

Beautiful scenery. I enjoyed the more vibrant processing of the previously shared set. Though I like a dramatic photo, even if I have to create that drama in post, I can still appreciate other’s tastes. IMO you should edit, or not, to please yourself (and your buyers if that’s where you’re going with these).

Most reactions

Back