Another kestrel

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The winter overcast got a bit brighter today, so I went out in search of something to shoot.. came across this little lady perching on a power line and scanning the grass below for supper... Seems all the kestrels I've seen lately are females... wonder where the guys are? Probably out having a beer while the Missus gets supper... :D The light was horrid (I HATE "white sky"!), but I can't pass up an opportunity to get a decent shot of a kestrel, so... 600mm, 1/800 @ f/7.1, ISO 1600 @ +2.33 EV...

IMG_3942_crop_sm.jpg

IMG_3946_crop_sm.jpg

Beautiful and great little hunters. We're socked in the "grey" here as well, but being outside getting some photos is better than just waiting.

I just went through your website - every photo, in every gallery. What a gorgeous collection! I was a bit embarrassed when I finished because I moved here to Washington in the fall of '76 and have seen very few of the places you photographed right here in WA state. I have got to find the time to leave the farm more often.

Lovely pictures squirl033, lovely birds.

I think the whitish sky in these images helped show off the colour in the birds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back