Another nebula shot

mountainjunkie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Eagle and Omega/Swan nebulas. Taken under some dark skies in Utah last weekend.

50142559826_5a59308f2a_o.jpg

Wow. Very nice images. What telescope were you using? I'm guessing this more than a telephoto lens?

Wow. Very nice images. What telescope were you using? I'm guessing this more than a telephoto lens?

Thank you. Yes this was taken with a William optics Z61 on an unmodified Nikon D750, tracked with a skyguider pro.

I'm always intrigued with the vastness of 'out there'. Well taken.

Remarkable. It's amazing what's out there that we don't get to see except through images like this. Thanks.

Is that the 250mm lens? How much cropping and how many images were stacked. I have the Sky Adventurer so this winter I'm headed back to the mountains of VA to try and capture similar images.

Is that the 250mm lens? How much cropping and how many images were stacked. I have the Sky Adventurer so this winter I'm headed back to the mountains of VA to try and capture similar images.

This was a telescope with an effective focal length of 360mm. I cropped probably 25% off the left side (didn’t get it framed as well as I wanted as I kicked my tripod after burning an hour framing it well the first time [emoji38])

didn’t get it framed as well as I wanted

I'm new to the polar aligned tracker but I think I'm getting the hang of it. The ball head has helped. Now if we had dark clear dark skies here in VA. Maybe this winter I can get something that comes close to your very nice result.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back