Another newbie question

ThePictureEffect

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
But I guess that's what I'm here for, right?

Anyways, I'm wondering how I can get my pictures to have more vibrant colors. Does that make sense? I've been looking over in the galleries and I've noticed that most of the photos in there have this great contrast that just draws your eye to it. I know I could go into a photo editing program and get the colors the way I want them, but that's not the only way to do it, right? Possibly, this is something I need a more advanced camera for? I don't know.

Any advice (especially if it's something obvious ;)) would be appreciated.
(thanks for letting me ask my newbie questions) :lol:

Some cameras offer you parametre choices in their menu, where you can set the saturation and contrast to a maximum, that alone might give you more vibrant colours than you are getting now.

But believe me, most of the photos that strike you as so contrasty and vibrant have gone through some sort of post processing. Not even my DSLR produces photos straight out of the camera that I let pass. They all go through PS (and I know that for many other members here the same applies - SOME sort of post processing is done to most).

Thanks for the information. That makes me feel much better, like there's not something I'm doing wrong. :-D

Gotta love PhotoShop!

i echo the PS thing. especially cs3.......way cool

Most reactions

Back