Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
sunset-june-1.jpg

Me too! Nice shot.

I like sunsets, too. I am not quite sure I like the composition of the photo. No rule of 3rds and the panoramic takes my eyes away from the focus of the shot.

I like sunsets, too. I am not quite sure I like the composition of the photo. No rule of 3rds and the panoramic takes my eyes away from the focus of the shot.
Rule of thirds is for people with no imagination or a lack of compositional skill in which case it does serve some educational purpose. A photo should appeal to the eye regardless of where the primary focal point lies. If it doesn't, then it fails. If the focal point lies on one of the axis points and is a crappy photo, the rule of thirds won't help. The wholeness of this shot is the panoramic showing the light to dark, the change in the cloud coloration, etc.,

Rule of thirds is for people with no imagination or a lack of compositional skill in which case it does serve some educational purpose. A photo should appeal to the eye regardless of where the primary focal point lies. If it doesn't, then it fails. If the focal point lies on one of the axis points and is a crappy photo, the rule of thirds won't help. The wholeness of this shot is the panoramic showing the light to dark, the change in the cloud coloration, etc.,
The rule of 3rds is a good starting point. There is always the exception to the rule. I just don't think it does with this photo. The photo draws my eyes down to the bottom of the photo for some reason. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Oh so true...I like it therefore it is a beauty...LOL

Most reactions

Back