Another of Jae... 5'11" and all legs (well almost)

Glad your thread finally gained some traction. It even had some poster-to-poster keyboard-a-keyboard repartee....

I think you did ample elongation of her legs through good use of focal length and camera-to-subject distance; any more and it might have looked too obvious. She has great legs. I wish she were making eye contact with the viewer, of failing that, maybe looking within the frame. Her line of gaze is just the slightest bit distracting...that reptilian brain part of me keeps looking over to the side thinking--"what's over there? what's over there?"

I think one reason so many looks and no comments is that people are reluctant to comment on studio shots,or shots that look really well-executed. Not many people walk up to NFL QB's and make comments or critiques. "Say, Drew, you know on your three step drop when the D- is in a cover-2 and you make your first read? maybe you should..." just doesn't happen...same deal on shots like this one...

The eyes don't bother me at all and you were perfect on showing off the long legs. Of course the lighting is perfect.

As already mentioned the lighting is good. The exposure is good too.

However....

"As far as her legs and feet, the distortion was intentional, and I was actually hoping for a little more than what I ended up with."

If her legs are long and she is a tall woman I assume her feet are considered large for a woman. I think you did her an injustice by trying to empha"size" her legs and feet. Even if that was a good idea her foot is turned away from the viewer taking away what you were trying to show.

I've seen this type of image and it's cool when executed well. I don't think your's is bad, but maybe it's just the turned foot that takes away from it (for me).

BTW, I like her orange and purple color combo.

Archer: Brooowwnnnn Suggaaaar!

Archer: A White Grannnulated Sugarr!

Great shot. The only thing i dont like about the photo is the chair/stool. Its color/shape and feel just dont work for me in this one. Somehow it only makes her look like a giant. Find a new chair and it should be golden.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back